Job Title:Human Resources Assistant (Open to U.S. Citizens) GS-203-7 SB
Department:Department Of Transportation
Agency:National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Job Announcement Number:NHTSA.NPO-2013-0006
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, January 28, 2013 to
Tuesday, January 29, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington, DC, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Applications will be accepted from any U.S. citizen.|
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is dedicated to achieving the highest standards of excellence in motor vehicle and highway safety. The agency strives to exceed the expectations of its customers through its core values of Integrity, Service and Leadership. Save lives, prevent injuries and reduce economic costs due to road traffic crashes, through education, research, safety standards and enforcement activity. Work for NHTSA.
This position is located in the Office of Human Resources (OHR) for the National
Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). It involves technical work in support of a variety of Human Resources disciplines, e.g., employee benefits, staffing and classification, and pay administration. The candidate also provides administrative and clerical support for the office's human resources management program.
This position is perfect for a professional looking to grow with a great Federal agency. We are seeking highly qualified individuals who are willing to meet the challenges of public service and support our mission. The NHTSA is looking for someone who is highly motivated, and who can communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels of the organization.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS VACANCY IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 100 APPLICATIONS AND WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON THE DAY WE RECEIVE THE 100TH APPLICATION.
- You must be a U.S. citizen & meet specialized experience
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Provide all required documents by closing date
- Position is telework eligible
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days
- Relocation will NOT be paid.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Human Resources Assistant, you will:
- Provide administrative support with regard to the staffing and Classification programs. Assist in the administrative aspects of the agency Merit Promotion Program, including, but not limited to, the following: preparation of recurring and new vacancy announcements for clerical and lower graded technical positions, responding to inquiries regarding copies of the announcements and the status of an individual's application.
- Screen applications for completeness and to determine that the minimum qualification requirements are met for the grades and occupations applied for.
- Prepare cases for panel meetings, issues selection certificates, and obtains SF-75 information on selected candidates, including release dates. Provide routine assistance to HR specialists in the area of classification.
- Assist in processing a full range of recurring actions into Federal Personnel Payroll Systems. Answer questions concerning payroll deductions, savings bonds, direct deposits, taxes, health/retirement deductions, pay rates, and creditable service for leave.
- Provide administrative support in the completion of investigation forms and paperwork. Review such forms for accuracy. Provide overall clerical support to all program areas of the Office of Human Resources for all classes of positions, including preparation of miscellaneous correspondence, distribution of materials, filing of various HR information, and preparing payroll correspondence.
- Perform work in support of the HR programs. As needed, provide clerical and assistant work in support of the employee development program. These duties may include tracking training requests, notifying individuals of training programs, organizing training locations, assisting with the revision of lesson plans, reviewing and abstracting data from evaluations, etc. Assist in maintaining library of audio-visual and printed materials in the Career Resource Center in the OHR, ensuring that material that is checked out is returned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
||To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
Experience in performing a wide variety of Human Resources support work; entering data into an automated personnel system for record keeping purposes; editing documents for grammar, punctuation, and/or spelling; processing personnel actions; and providing administrative assistance in an office setting.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience, or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (202)366-1298.
The following documents must
be provided by the close date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE
- VETERANS - In order to be considered as a preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD214. Your DD214 need not be official but must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty. If you are claiming preference eligibility as a disabled veteran, you must submit proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally a valid letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability.
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS - If requesting concurrent consideration for Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit military spouse NC appointments or Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS - Only required if requesting priority consideration under CTAP/ICTAP. You must submit ALL of the following: (1) your most recent performance appraisal, (2) the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency, and (3) your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. In addition, you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (falling in the Gold Category).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. The most highly qualified candidates in the top group will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.