Job Title: Pharmacist (Lead - Inpatient)Job Announcement Number: HP-646-13-831875KP
Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Department of Veterans Affairs - Agency Wide
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Friday, January 25, 2013 to
Friday, February 15, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
Agency Employees Only
1 vacancy in the following location:
Pittsburgh Metro Area, PA United States
WHO MAY APPLY:
Agency Employees Only
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 831875
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN ONLY TO EMPLOYEES OF THE VA PITTSBURGH HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
NOTE: The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the step at which the candidate will be placed in that specific grade. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
The incumbent functions as the coordinating (Lead) pharmacist of the Unit Dose, IV Admixture, and Clinical support programs of the University Drive Division. In collaboration with the Chief, Assistant Chief or Program Manager will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the Unit Dose, IV Admixture, Controlled Sbustance program (including Omnicell), Chemotherapy Admixture program, and Clinical Support programs. Additionally, coordination of work will be provided for all pharmacists, technicians, students and volunteers at the University Drive inpatient pharmacy.
This is a bargaining unit position.
- U. S. Citizenship
- Must pass pre-employment examination
- English Language Proficiency required
- Designated and-or Random Drug Testing required
- Background and-or Security Investigation required
- Current, full and unrestricted license
DUTIES:Back to top
Duties: Administratively provides coordination to the pharmacists, technicians, students and volunteers; interviews candidates and recommends appointments, advancements, within grade increases and disciplinary actions; coordinates daily operations, including physician order processing, repackaging, outpatient dispensing, and special extemporaneous compounding; coordinates pharmacy drug recalls at University Drive; assists in the control and distribution of investigational drugs; reviews activities for compliance with standards of practice; acts as the pharmacy coordinator for resolving dispensing concerns; coordinates monthly pharmacy ward inspections. Additionally, participates in pharmacist and technician staff development; coordinates training of new employees and students and volunteers; coordinates staff training for new equipment; coordinates quality improvements items (reporting conclusions and impact to pharmacy management); etc.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
- U.S. citizenship
- Successful completion of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited College or School or Pharmacy
- Full, current and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a state, territory, commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia
- English language proficiency
In addition to the basic requirements:
- one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the next lower grade level);
- completion of an ACPE-accredited Pharm.D. program
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
References : Input applicable reference and links. For example: VA Handbook 5005/23, Part II, Appendix G15, LICENSED PHARMACIST QUALIFICATION STANDARD, dated June 7, 2012.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: See VA directives and VA Handbook 5019
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment. You may also be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button at the right side of this screen to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
YOU MUST INCLUDE VA FORM 10-2850c IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS VACANCY. You may upload the completed form to your USAJOBS or Application Manager account if you apply online. Then you can use the uploaded form again and again when applying for future vacancies. Please see this guide (http://www4.va.gov/OHRM/joblistings/uploading-and-using-documents-online.doc) for more information on uploading and re-using the form in your applications. Other required forms and documents can also be saved in your account and used the same way. Applicants are urged to apply online; this process is much easier and faster.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application, just reapply through your account in USAJOBS. Check your account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login) to see the status of your application after applying, including any messages that may have been sent to you.
If you cannot apply online:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire.
- Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire: http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf.
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with all supporting documents to (478)757-3144. Your 1203FX form must be placed on top of all materials being faxed and will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
- Keep a copy of your fax receipt in case verification is needed.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload:
- Complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID: 831875. You must use this fax cover sheet in order for your documents to be matched with your online application.
- Fax your documents to (478)757-3144.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, February 15, 2013.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- CV or Resume.
- VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850c-fill.pdf) (required).
- Occupational Questionnaire
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214 or proof of service (required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf).
- If currently employed in the VA system, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action. (required).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After we receive your complete application package (including any required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed to decide if you meet the basic requirements. You will be notified when this decision is made.