Job Title:Supervisory Transportation Program Specialist, GS-2101-14 CAH (Open to all US Citizens)
Department:Department Of Transportation
Agency:Federal Transit Administration
Job Announcement Number:FTA.R10-2013-0002
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, January 25, 2013 to
Friday, February 08, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - -
|1 vacancy -
Seattle, WA, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
A separate job announcement is being advertised for applicants eligible for status consideration. Current/former status employees and veterans who qualify under VEOA are encouraged to also apply to announcement:
Dedicated to delivering results that matter to the American people, the FTA supports, improves, and promotes effective public Transportation, the Nation's fastest growing mode of travel. Through the administration, management, and oversight of a $10 billion annual grant program, FTA supports the development and construction of subway, light rail, and bus systems to help communities provide travel choices; improve access to jobs and health care; drive economic growth; and protect the environment.
The Supervisory Transportation Program Specialist serves as Director of the Office of Planning and Program Development in a regional office with lead responsibility for directing all planning, environment, and program (grant) development processes. The director manages and directs all activities in the regional office relating to the development and approval of capital, operating and planning grants; the environmental process from concept to post mitigation monitoring; transportation planning; and the New Starts (NS) pre-entry into Project Development activities, NS environmental process and NS annual report preparation.
This position is ideal for a senior-level transit professional with expertise in planning, environmental reviews, and the grant and project development processes.
Note: If interviewed for this position - at the interview stage, candidates will be given a topic to use to draft a writing sample.
- You must be a US Citizen and meet specialized experience
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Provide all required documents by closing date
- Position is telework eligible
- Announcement also advertised to U.S. citizens: FTA.R10-2013-0001
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Supervisory Transportation Program Specialist, you will:
- Manage the regional metropolitan Transportation Improvement Programs (TIP) and State Transportation Improvement Programs (STIP), in coordination with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). Manage and performs planning process certification reviews jointly with the FHWA.
- Recommend approval of Unified Planning Work Programs (UPWPs).
- Review air quality conformity analyses developed by Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPO), coordinating with FHWA and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as necessary, and makes recommendations to the Regional Administrator on air quality conformity findings.
- Assist grantees in the development of environmental documentation, reviews those documents for compliance with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and FTA program requirements. Recommends approval or disapproval of environmental findings.
- Perform analyses of grantees’ project justifications and applications for planning, capital and operating assistance, considering all current requirements and documenting the rationale for approval, rejection or other action.
- Take proactive role in regional transportation planning process carried out by MPOs, and provides Federal support in assuring that transit interests are given appropriate consideration.
- Provide an early FTA presence and becomes actively involved in the State and local transportation planning and program development process. Promote FTA initiatives, such as intermodalism, access to jobs, intelligent transportation systems, transit-oriented development, livable communities, innovative finance and bus rapid transit projects.
- Manage FTA’s Office of Planning and Program Development Office. Supervisor diverse staff including administrative, technical and professional levels.
- Mentor employees and assists in individual development plan implementation. Create a culture that encourages others to meet the organization’s mission and leads staff successfully on projects, programs or task groups.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
||To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience with planning, environmental and grant programs related to public transportation operations.
- Experience preparing briefing papers and similar documents to convey options, interpretation, analysis, guidelines, recommendations and advice.
- Experience as a Senior Transportation Program Specialist, Manager, or Team Leader in areas related to planning, environmental, project management, and grant programs related to public transportation.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- DEU REQUIREMENT: You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- You must complete a one-year supervisory probationary period (unless already completed).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
- Time-in-Grade - Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade requirements contained in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration. To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to email@example.com or call us at (202)366-1298.
The following documents must
be provided by the close date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE
- VETERANS: In order to be considered as a 5-point preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD214. Your DD-214 must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty. If you are claiming 10-point preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your DD214; an Application for 10-point Veteran's Preference, SF15; and the proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally an official statement, dated 1991 or later, from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability. Without this documentation, you will not receive veteran's preference. Additional information on veterans' preference is available in the Vet's Guide at: http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetguide.htm
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS - If requesting concurrent consideration for Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit military spouse NC appointments or Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS - Only required if requesting priority consideration under CTAP/ICTAP. You must submit ALL of the following: (1) your most recent performance appraisal, (2) the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency, and (3) your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. In addition, you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (meeting minimum requirements for position and scoring at least an 85).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. Ratings will be determined based on the documents and information received by the closing date. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.