In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
Degree: dietetics, food, nutrition, food service management, institution management, or related science.
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
For GS-12 level: You must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes planning and coordinating nutrition, public health, and/or maternal and child health or nutrition assistance programs.
For GS-11 level: You must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes participating in the administration and coordination of nutrition, public health, and/or maternal and child health or nutrition assistance programs.
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows:
For the GS-11 level: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or three (3) full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. in a related field.
Notes: The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Foreign education must be evaluated by a credentialing agency. You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
- Responses to the online questions, and
- Required supporting documents.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You will be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we will rate you as ineligible.
Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Knowledge of current principles, practices, and procedures of nutrition and public health in order to develop and recommend nutrition policies.
- Knowledge of the cultural, social, economic, and health characteristics of varied population groups in order to design nutrition-related services to meet the needs of this population.)
- Ability to write clear, precise, detail oriented documents that accurately reflect agency views on proposed policy and regulation.
- Ability to communicate orally, to members of all levels of an organization, to present information, defend rationale, negotiate and persuade the audience, and respond to questions.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate information and make recommendations in order to develop and implement program legislation, regulations, policies and technical guidance materials.
We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application. Category Rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three categories, Best Qualified, Well-Qualified or Qualified depending on your experience and education related to this position. Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be assigned to the Well Qualified category or higher to be determined as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.