Your background must demonstrate work involved in interment activities, including layout and excavation of new grave sites, and reopening occupied gravesites which require extreme caution to avoid damage to previously interred containers
A specific length of training and experience is not required, but you must show evidence of training or experience of sufficient scope and quality of your ability to do the work of this position. Evidence which demonstrates you possess the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the duties of this position must be supported by detailed descriptions of such on your resume. Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C (www.opm.gov/qualifications/x-118c).
SCREEN-OUT ELEMENT: Your qualifications will first be evaluated against the prescribed screen out element, which usually appears as question 1 in the on-line questionnaire. Those applicants who appear to possess at least the minimal acceptable qualification requirement are considered for further rating; those who do not are rated ineligible and are eliminated. The potential eligibles are then rated against the remainder of the questions.
The screen-out element(s) for this position is/are:
- Ability to do the job of a cemetery caretaker without more than normal supervision
- You must possess and provide proof of a valid state driver's license.
Other job elements are:
- Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, and directives
- Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment
- Ability to work safely
- Technical practices related to doing the task of a cemetery caretaker
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
You must possess and provide proof of a valid state driver's license.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: The work requires moderate effort in maneuvering large vehicles and in hooking up heavy equipment attachments to tractors. This position requires the incumbent to lift weights up to 100 pounds on a recurring basis. Items weighing greater than 50 pounds will be lifted with assistance. Most of the work involves twisting, climbing lifting, bending, crouching, kneeling, leaning, stretching, bouncing, sitting, standing, stooping and carrying.
When performing administrative functions, work is performed both indoors in an office setting and outdoors as the incumbent attends committal services during any kind of weather conditions
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works outside in all kinds of weather. In addition, when operating vehicles, drives in all types of weather and traffic and is exposed to the possibility of accidents.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather. Incumbent is exposed to heat, cold, wind, dirt, dust, mud, and water in the performance of the duties of this position.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants will be ranked based on four quality groups, as follows:
- Best qualified - applicants possessing knowledge, skills and abilities that substantially exceed the minimum qualifications of the position, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position.
- Highly qualified - applicants possessing knowledge, skills and abilities that exceed the minimum qualifications of the position and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job.
- Well qualified - applicants possessing knowledge, skills and abilities that meet the minimum qualifications of the position and who are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the job.
- Qualified - applicants possessing the knowledge, skills and abilities that meet the minimum qualifications of the position.
After the vacancy announcement closes, reviewed applications are evaluated against the questionnaire responses and placed in the appropriate quality group. Qualified veterans will be afforded absolute preference by being placed at the top of the best qualified group. The best qualified group is the first to be referred to the hiring facility for further consideration and possible interview.