Job Title: Human Resources Specialist (INFO/SYS)Job Announcement Number: CT-13-007 (829472)
Department: Department of the Army
Agency: Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Wednesday, January 23, 2013 to
Wednesday, February 06, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Middletown, CT United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Area I Only
CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
This is a Temporary Promotion not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the appointment is to backfill a deployed Soldier. This appointment will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position. Due to the immediate needs of the agency, the selected applicant must be available to start within 30 days from HRO approval.
DUTY LOCATION: CTNG Human Resources Office (HRO), Middletown, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to serve as an assistant to the Senior Human Resources Specialist (Information Systems) in managing and maintaining the DOD Enterprise-Wide Automated Human Resources (HR) System called Modern Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS).
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard, assigned to the CTNG HR Office.
- Wear of the military uniform is mandatory.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance prior to application.
DUTIES:Back to top
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs actions to initiate system on-line and off-line operations and ascertain and document systems status.
- Responsible for daily pick up and distribution and analysis of print products and ensure they conform to requirements and meet quality standards.
- Uses data system skills and human resources management and administrative knowledge to assist senior specialist in all aspects of analyzing and managing the automated personnel system.
- Reviews data flow action to ensure that interfacing systems are updated or initiates process to re-flow the data.
- Performs uploading/downloading of files..
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your resume and any other supporting documentation you wish to provide must clearly substantiate you currently possess 24 months of specialized experience in the following:
- Experience involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting basic concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A maximum of 12 months of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of undergraduate study in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours. The education must have been in fields directly related to the type of work of the position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of all the human resources functional areas and their data requirements pertaining to the automated personnel data system. Applies a basic knowledge of technician and AGR personnel procedures that impact on or are related to automated personnel data system operating procedures, capabilities and requirements.
- Knowledge of HR methods, principles and practices, including processing knowledge of staffing, recruitment, benefits, position classification, etc., terminology, provisions and restrictions translate HR business practices into information system requirements, to train users on established practices, and uses of the system.
- Application of technical skill, knowledge, and judgment in the use of the fundamental principles, concepts and techniques of human resources administration and knowledge of the occupational and organizational structure served.
- Knowledge of documentation procedures, customary fact-finding approaches, or similar established techniques and requirements to maintain and enhance data needs to the service population, to provide HR reports.
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT: For Temporary Promotions, the MOS and Unit remains with the permanent position from which an individual was temporarily promoted. However, Rank requirements must be met to avoid grade inversion.
- MILITARY GRADE (Prior to application): Enlisted: E-7 and below
- COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT: MOS: 42A
- UNIT OF ASSIGNMENT: Any unit within the State
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Please ensure you follow all instructions carefully. Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. Applicant must ensure resume and any other required supporting documentation clearly portrays that s/he meets the required experience level for the position.