Candidates must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the CG/GS 12 grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience providing leadership advice and guidance and administration of human resources and administrative programs, including all of the following areas: organizational planning, personnel management, space and facilities administration and management, leave administration, and analytical problem solving and reporting at the corporate or division level.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
Applicants eligible for CTAP (Career Transition Assistance Program) or ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 85 or higher in the online assessment to be determined "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
Applicants must have met the qualification requirements (including selective placement factors - if any) for this position by the closing date to be eligible for this position.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Moderate Risk Position - Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume will be reviewed, including the online assessment questionnaire, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
1. Knowledge of practices, theories, and techniques of management analysis required to carry out work assignments related to personnel matters.
2. Knowledge of principles of organization and management.
3. Knowledge of automated systems such as CHRIS, Microsoft Office, Access Database, graphics packages, spreadsheet software, and the ability to design charts, tables, and overhead transparencies.
4. Ability to identify administrative, operations problems, analyze possible consequences and effects in development of proposed solutions.
5. Ability to collect and analyze information, prepare reports, and present studies, recommending course of action as required.
6. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs. To preview questions please click here.