In addition to the Specialized Experience requirement for this position, applicants must meet the Education Requirement described below:
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited college or university
Specialized Experience Requirements:
- Expert skill in project management to include the coordination of tasks, milestones, and workflow among varying regional offices and/or employee skill sets. Ability to keep projects on required schedules through implementation or completion, and updating senior management on progress as requested.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, as well as the ability to exhibit professional techniques, skills, sound judgment, and tact when dealing with others at all levels both within and outside of the Department.
- Expert ability to analyze and manipulate large volume of data into a variety of charts, graphs, and reports. Mastery of communicating technical subjects effectively both orally and in writing. Mastery of using computer software to accomplish word processing, data base management and spreadsheet application functions
****Must have and maintain a valid drivers license. ****
Education: If this position requires specific educational course work to qualify, or you are qualifying based in whole or part on education, you are required to provide transcripts as proof of meeting the requirements. Failure to provide the documents will result in you receiving an ineligible rating.
Foreign Education: Education completed in colleges or universities outside the United States may be used to meet the specific educational requirements as stated above. You must provide acceptable documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. For more information on how foreign education is evaluated, visit: https://www.opm.gov/qualifications/policy/ApplicationOfStds-04.asp.
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service system, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. http://www.sss.gov.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
A preliminary background check must be completed before a new employee can begin work with the National Indian Gaming Commission. The preliminary background check consists of a search of Office of Personnel Management and Department of Defense background investigation files and an FBI National Criminal History Fingerprint Check; it may take up to 3 weeks to complete. If selected for this position, you will be extended a tentative offer of employment pending a satisfactory background check. Current Federal employees or other individuals with an existing completed background investigation may not be required to undergo another background check; these will be handled on a case-by-case basis in coordination with the Bureau Security Office.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume and responses to the self-assessment questions are an integral part of the process for determining your qualifications for this position. Therefore, it is important that your resume supports your responses to the assessment questions.
There are several parts of the application process that affect the overall evaluation of your application:
1. Your resume which is part of your USAJOBS profile
2. Your responses to the online questionnaire
3. Your required and supporting documents, as outlined in the announcement
Category Rating will be used in the ranking and selection process for this position. The categories are Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified.
Once the application process is complete, we will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume, supporting documentation, and responses to the (TAView Occupational Questionnaire) will be made. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position. Our review of your resume and/or supporting documentation must support your responses to the Online Questionnaire to accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
As part of the application process, you are required to respond to a series of questions designed to assess your possession of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Technical knowledge of the principles and practices of finance, accounting and business.
- Knowledge of gaming regulations and/or related federal financial laws and regulations such as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA)
- Analytical Skills
- Ability to meet critical deadlines with limited resources