To qualify for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Minimum Qualifications:
A. Specialized experience demonstrates the knowledge in applying Federal rules, regulations, and procedures applicable to personnel management, recruitment and staffing, classification, and employee and labor relations.
B. Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for all grade levels.
C. Click here for additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook or General Schedule Positions.
- GS-09 Level: 1 year of Specialized experience which was equivalent to the GS-07 level; or education substitution of a Masters or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or JD, if related.
- GS-11 Level: 1 year of Specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level; or education substitution of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related.
- GS-12 Level: 1 year of Specialized experience which was equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service. There is no education substitution at this grade level.
2. Physical Demands: This position is primarily sedentary with some walking, standing, bending, stooping and carrying of lightweight items
3. Time-In-Grade: All applicants must meet time-in-grade requirements as outlined in 5 CFR, Part 300, Subpart F, within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
WHEN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
**You must submit transcripts if you are using education to qualify**
Accreditation: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Please click here to verify your school's accreditation. For foreign education, a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency must be submitted with your transcript. All education claimed by applicants will be verified.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
COMPETENCIES: All applicants will be rated based on their competencies, experience, education, etc. The following competencies must be demonstrated in your resume:
Veterans Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming 10-point preference must complete an SF 15 (Application for 10-Point Veterans Preference) and provide a copy of their VA Ratings Letter. Applicants claiming 5-Point Veterans Preference need only provide a copy of their DD-214. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted 5 points tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. Please click here for more information on Veterans Preference.
Knowledge of personnel laws and other pertinent regulatory guidelines relating to major functional specializations such as: classification, recruitment and placement, and employee and labor relations;
Ability to provide authoritative advice in all areas of personnel management and ability to identify, evaluate, and select alternative solutions to problems;
Ability to develop effective communications between management, employees and employee groups with a wide range of educational and socioeconomic backgrounds and divergent opinions and priorities;
Ability to gather, organize, analyze data, and apply sound judgment in order to recommend problem solutions or provide information for a variety of purposes (e.g. reports, correspondence, recommendations, etc.), in a clear and precise manner; and
Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives and adjust priority deadlines.
Your résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.