Job Title:Human Resources Assistant
Department:Executive Office Of The President
Agency:Office of Administration
Job Announcement Number:OA-13-16-GT-DE
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, January 22, 2013 to
Monday, February 04, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|Few vacancies in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
If you are a status candidate, please apply under Announcement # OA-13-16-GT-MP.
Begin a challenging and exciting career with the Executive Office of the President (EOP) providing support to the President of the United States. The EOP has responsibility for tasks ranging from communicating the President's message to the American people to promoting our trade interests abroad. To learn more about the Office of Administration, please visit http://www.WhiteHouse.gov/OA
The Human Resources Assistant serves the Executive Office of the President (EOP), Office of Administration (OA), Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (OCAO), Human Resources Management Division (HRMD). The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing support for a full range of human resources services such as: recruitment; maintenance of personnel and payroll records; processing personnel and payroll actions; and responding to customer inquiries.
**Notice: More than one selection may be made within 90 days of the issuance of the certificate, if additional vacancies occur.
Promotion to the next highest grade level is neither guaranteed nor implied.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national
- Selective Service registration if a male born after December 31, 1959
- Be at least 18 years old and obtain a favorable security determination
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug tests
- Direct Deposit is required
- RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE PAID
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must meet the qualification requirements outlined below to be considered minimally qualified for this position. The qualification requirements are in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standards. ALL QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the next lower grade or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Examples of specialized experience are:
For the GS-07: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-06 grade level or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector performing the following: processing personnel and payroll actions in accordance with OPM and agency guidelines; preparing and posting vacancy announcements; and responding to customer inquiries regarding procedures when applying for a government position.
For the GS-08: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector performing the following: processing personnel and payroll actions in accordance with OPM and agency guidelines; preparing and posting vacancy announcements; responding to customer inquiries regarding procedures when applying for a government position; and utilizing assessment tools or crediting plans to rank applicants.
Please see "Qualifications Required" for requirements of the position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
How You Will Be Evaluated: Your resume will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required for the position. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be placed into one of the following categories based on the extent to which your application shows that you possess the specialized experience associated with this position:
- Best Qualified (BQ) Meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements and demonstrates exceptional experience in most of the requirements of the position.
- Well Qualified (WQ) Meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements and demonstrates strong experience in most of the requirements of the position.
- Qualified (Q) - Meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements and meets the requirements of the position either through experience or education.
QUALITY RANKING FACTORS: Address the following Quality Ranking Factors (QRFs)/Critical Elements within the body of your resume.
- In-depth knowledge of government-wide rules and regulations governing the processing of personnel and payroll transactions. Knowledge of and understanding how to apply OPM's Guide to Processing Personnel Actions (GPPA) guidance in the processing of procedures, restrictions, corresponding benefits, and options available to process a full range of novel and unusually complicated official personnel actions and payroll transactions.
- Knowledge of Federal recruitment regulations as outlined in Title V of the Code of Regulations. Understanding the Federal recruitment process and ability to apply the Title V regulations.
- Knowledge of the laws, regulations, and agency policies on the maintenance of personnel and payroll records. Ability to maintain personnel and payroll files and records in accordance with the privacy act.
- Knowledge of the personnel and payroll system. Ability to trace and correct errors involving troubleshooting, multiple source error search, and understanding of system error codes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and to explain regulatory requirements to employees and managers of the agency.