Job Title:Nurse Consultant
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Food and Drug Administration
Job Announcement Number:PH-NM-13-829421
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, January 24, 2013 to
Thursday, February 14, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
White Oak, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
The Food and Drug Administration - Protecting and Promoting Your Health
Help protect public health by joining the FDA's Center for Devices & Radiological Health (CDRH). From reviewing applications for innovative medical devices to educating industry on relevant policies and regulations to providing accurate, science-based health information to the public, CDRH is at the forefront in ensuring the safety, efficacy, and security of the medical devices and radiation-emitting products that millions of Americans use daily.
This position is being announced under a government-wide direct hire authority.
One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply section)
DUTIES:Back to top
As the Branch Chief, Office of Surveillance and Biometrics, Division of Postmarket Surveillance, Product Evaluation Branch, you will be responsible for:
· Serving as the principal advisor to the Division Director in the planning, coordination, and evaluation of both the administrative and technical programs of the Branch;
· Identifying and recommending for the adoption of new and advanced theories and practices related to the development, evaluation, and approval of medical devices and radiologic products;
· Directing the evaluation of postmarket adverse event reports concerning medical devices and radiologic products;
· Leading task forces and study groups related to resolving problems in the medical device community; and
· Maintaining liaison with other governmental agencies, regulated industry, researchers, and other key stakeholders to provide guidance on policies, negotiate for the acceptance of new or revised policies, and work towards common goals
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to be qualified for this position, you must possess:
- A degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time you completed the program - AND - (Transcripts are required.)
- An active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States (Applicants that have graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months and will receive their State registration as a professional nurse within 6 months of appointment may qualify, as well.) - AND - (A copy of your license or proof of recent graduation is required.)
- One year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service, providing technical guidance to researchers, evaluators, or other staff on the review and evaluation of medical devices and radiological products; developing short-term goals and objectives for scientific/research programs; reviewing technical review policies and programs to identify areas for improvement; assigning work to staff based on organizational need and staff availability; and maintaining positive working relationships with key stakeholders to exchange information, negotiate for the acceptance of new policies, or resolve common problems
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:
Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. Applicants will be referred using the provisions of a government-wide direct hire authority, meaning all applicants who are found qualified will be referred for consideration. Although veterans' preference does not apply under direct hire authority, applicants who are entitled to such preference are encouraged to submit their supporting documentation.