You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent at least to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. For this position, specialized experience is defined as:
Experience working with government and/or private industry document or content classification taxonomies and data labeling in order to facilitate information capture and classify documents. This experience must have required knowledge of federal privacy law and regulations.
Your resume must clearly document how you meet the specialized experience in order to meet the minimum qualification requirements for this vacancy.
Education cannot be substituted for experience for this position.
Your resume must clearly document how you meet the specialized experience in order to meet the minimum qualification requirements for this vacancy. All required documents must be received by the closing date of this announcement. If you do not submit a required document (e.g. transcripts, etc.) your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: If selected for this position, you will be required to: - Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment. - Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer. - Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume, responses to the questionnaire and required documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your resume must address the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the Qualifications Section. If you meet basic qualification requirements, your application will be further evaluated based on your answers to the on-line assessment. Your responses to the on-line assessment will be used to measure the degree to which your background matches the requirements for the position. You are being evaluated under the category rating method which means, if you are determined to be qualified, you will be placed into the 'Best Qualified', 'Well Qualified', or 'Qualified' Category. We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than what is supported by your application materials, your responses may be excluded from consideration for this job. We will evaluate your qualifications and eligibility and notify you if you meet minimum qualification requirements. NOTE: We do not require a separate statement responding to the competencies, also referred to as Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs). However, your resume should clearly show possession of these competencies. The Occupational Questions are used to evaluate your relevant educational and work experience. The questions are related to competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities such as:
1. Ability to work with other IT specialists and experts throughout the Commission and its Offices on a variety of situations and issues that involve applying or adapting new security technology theories, concepts, applications, standards, and/or practices.
2. Knowledge of systems security laws, regulations, and policies to include: (a) Reviewing established policies/writing new policies; (b) Evaluating policies of other government organizations; (c) Testing and implementing new policies; (d) Instituting measures to ensure awarness and compliance
3. Ability to provide critical advice in order to develop and maintain safeguards to address confidentiality and privacy concerns, as well as recommend attainable corrective actions for improvement.
4. Ability to conduct needs assessments to identify document management and labeling requirements.
5. Ability to write and communicate effectively and to present complex and substantive issues in a clear, convincing and effectively organized manner. To preview questions please click here.