To qualify at the NU-01 level:
- You must have High School diploma or equivalent.
To qualify at the NU-02 level:
- Completion of all requirements for a bachelor's or equivalent degree.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). You are NOT required to provide a separate narrative written response. Rather, ensure that these KSAs are demonstrated in your past work experience.
- Basic knowledge of programs as related to specific career paths of candidate (i.e. personnel, administrative, financial, information systems) and support functions within the organization.
- Ability to communicate in both a written and oral manner effectively with employees at all levels within the organization
- Basic knowledge of office automation hardware/software to produce a wide variety of documents.
- Basic knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation; ability to follow guidelines to properly format correspondence.
- Basic knowledge of specialized formatting, layouts, system features, equipment capabilities to complete office automation assignments.
The above qualifications must be met in addition to the Basic Education Requirements listed below.
Applicants must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicants must be students with a High School diploma or GED, pursuing a vocational or technical certificate, or an Associates, Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate degree in a qualifying educational institution.
EDUCATION: Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign Education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education, visit the Department of Education's website.
You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT
The position is covered under the DOE Drug-Free Workplace Order 3792.3. The tentative selectee must test negative prior to final selection for this position and will be subject to random testing thereafter.
This position requires you to obtain and maintain a DOE 'Q' level security clearance/access authorization.
Male applicants born after 12/31/1959, who are required to register with the Selective Service under section 3 of the Military Selective Service Act, must be registered (or must have registered at the time they were required to do so) in order to be eligible for appointment.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PATHWAYS PROGRAM
In order to be eligible for an appointment under the Pathways Internship Program you must meet all of the following:
- Be a student accepted for enrollment or enrolled in a degree or certificate program on a full- or half-time basis as defined by the school (certificate program means post-secondary education, in a qualifying educational institution, equivalent to at least one academic year of full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum);
- Enrollment is with a qualifying educational institution such as a high school or state-approved home school; or accredited technical or vocational school; a 2- or 4-year college or university; a graduate or professional school; or a post-secondary home school curriculum; and
- Students currently enrolled must be in good academic standing maintaining a 2.5 grade point average (GPA) on a cumulative basis.
- Enter into a Pathways Agreement.
You must continue to meet these eligibility requirements throughout the duration of your appointment under the Pathways Internship Program.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using Category Rating. A quality review will be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified", and "Qualified". Within each category, veterans preference eligibles will be listed at the top of the category.
If your resume is incomplete, or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation BEFORE the vacancy closes, you may be rated "ineligible", "not qualified", or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.