Job Title:Assistant National Bank Examiner
Department:Department Of The Treasury
Agency:Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Job Announcement Number:ANBE - January 2013
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$48,500.00 to $48,500.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, January 28, 2013 to Sunday, February 10, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|This is a full-time, permanent appointment in the Excepted Service - and is included in the bargaining unit. The salary excludes geographic pay.|
|MANY vacancies -
OCC - Assistant National Bank Examiner Locations, US|
WHO MAY APPLY:
*** This announcement has been amended to extend the closing date to Sunday February 10, 2013. ***
*** This announcement was amended on 1/29/2013 to add clarifying instructions under Key Information regarding the on-line questionnaire. ***
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) is among the top places to work in the federal government. The OCC ensures a safe and sound banking system for all Americans and ensures fair treatment and equal access for all national bank customers. Our culture promotes creative and thoughtful contributions by people in all positions, and an environment that values and encourages diversity. If you are an inquisitive, investigative individual with high standards of your own, consider the OCC.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
As an Assistant National Bank Examiner (ANBE), you will serve as an entry-level professional employee. Work assignments will cover all areas of banking, including examining loans, interest rate risk, capital, liquidity, consumer compliance protection programs, and compliance with banking laws and regulations. We will provide developmental on-the-job and formal training and you will learn the basic procedures and practices used in national bank/thrift supervision processes. Assistant National Bank Examiners spend approximately 15 to 95 percent of their careers traveling to national banks/thrifts across the country, depending on their assigned field office location. Currently, there are 70 OCC field office locations.
View our video about Becoming a National Bank Examiner by clicking here.
For specific information on OCC’s Geographic Pay Differentials, click here.
- See the Qualifications Required section for specific information on the education and/or experience requirements for this position. Your answers to the on-line questions should reflect your education and/or experience completed as of June 22, 2013.
- Note the following clarification regarding on-line Question #11 - "Please indicate which of the following best describes your qualifications for the position:” If you are qualifying for this position based on graduate or post graduate education in a business-related field, when answering Question #11, please DO NOT select "None of the above." Please select “I have a 4-year major course of study….” and then select "Other” when prompted. You will then be asked to specify your undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- OCC is not accepting applications from non-U.S. citizens for this position. Consistent with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, 8 U.S.C. § 1324b, and other applicable law, applicants who are U.S. citizens are preferred over equally well-qualified applicants who are not U.S. citizens. An ample number of well-qualified U.S. citizens are expected to apply.
- Please be certain that the name you use when applying corresponds to the federal- or state-issued Government photo identification you will use if you are contacted to be tested.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.