Job Title: Administrative Support AssistantJob Announcement Number: ONDCP-13-06-GT-DE
Department: Executive Office Of The President
Agency: Office of National Drug Control Policy
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Tuesday, January 22, 2013 to
Monday, February 04, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
Few vacancies in the following location:
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
If you are a status candidate, please apply under Announcement # ONDCP-13-06-GT-MP.
Shaping America's Drug Policy: Come and join the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), an agency in the Executive Office of the President, working to foster healthy individuals and safe communities by effectively leading the Nation's effort to reduce drug use and its consequences. Our efforts include: community-based prevention programs; early intervention programs in healthcare settings; aligning criminal justice policies and public health systems to break the cycle of drug use, crime and incarceration; supporting scientific research on drug use; and, through the Affordable Care Act, expanding access to substance abuse treatment. Be a part of a mission helping make America healthier and safer.
This position is located in the Executive Office of the President, (EOP), Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), Office of Demand Reduction (ODR). The incumbent serves as the focal point for the planning, development, and execution of administrative support functions within assigned component and is responsible for the efficient day-to-day management of administrative support operations.
**Notice: More than one selection may be made within 90 days of the issuance of the certificate, if additional vacancies occur.
Promotion to the next highest grade level is neither guaranteed nor implied.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national
- Selective Service registration if a male born after December 31, 1959
- Be at least 18 years old and obtain a favorable security determination
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug tests
- Direct Deposit is required
- RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE PAID
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must meet the qualification requirements outlined below to be considered minimally qualified for this position. The qualification requirements are in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standards. ALL QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the next lower grade or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Examples of specialized experience are:
For the GS-09: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-08 grade level or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector performing the following: experience with general administrative functions and procedures within an organization; skill in the development and dissemination of administrative directives; creation and consolidation of reports; management of correspondence, records and mail.
For the GS-10: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector performing the following: experience recommending changes in administrative policies, develop and implement procedures and practices, and foresee administrative problems and requirements in response to both recurring and unfamiliar or unique work assignments; experience organizing work, prioritizing tasks, tracking action items, research files and source documents; assembling information for preparing reports, briefings, attending meetings or preparing correspondence.
Please see "Qualifications Required" for requirements of the position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
How You Will Be Evaluated: Your resume will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required for the position. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be placed into one of the following categories based on the extent to which your application shows that you possess the specialized experience associated with this position:
- Best Qualified (BQ) Meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements and demonstrates exceptional experience in most of the requirements of the position.
- Well Qualified (WQ) Meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements and demonstrates strong experience in most of the requirements of the position.
- Qualified (Q) - Meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements and meets the requirements of the position either through experience or education.
QUALITY RANKING FACTORS: Address the following Quality Ranking Factors (QRFs)/Critical Elements within the body of your resume.
- Knowledge of the principles of organization and administrative management.
- Ability to analyze information and situations related to problems that involve administrative and functional operations of an office.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of the capabilities, operating characteristics, and advanced functions of a variety of office automation software.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and formats for a variety of documents and ability to compose letters, memoranda and reports from verbal or written instructions.