In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
Physical Requirements: You will be required to stand, stoop, bend, lift, stretch, kneel, crouch, walk, frequent pull, push, and climb onto and off of a fork truck, work in tiring and uncomfortable positions, and may require to work at a rapid pace for prolonged periods. Heavy exertion is frequent. The position frequently lifts and carries material weighing up to 50 pounds and exercises moderate physical effort when operating hand and foot controls while driving, turning, starting, and stopping the fork lift truck and raising, lowering, and tilting the loads being involved. Moderate heavy lifting which requires the use of a drum dolly, pallet jack, or hand cart is also part of the physical demands of the position. Incumbent stands and moves about on concrete floors during entire shift. AND
You must show in your experience and online application that you possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of this position. You must meet the screen-out element, normally addressed at the beginning of the online questions. In addition, you must also meet the majority of all the elements for this position as addressed throughout the online questions.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions, and
3. Required supporting documents.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision (screen out element), operation of machine tools, knowledge of technical practices, knowledge of measurement and layout, knowledge of metals, ability to use hand tools for machine shop work, and ability to use shop drawings. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three categories, Superior, Good, and Acceptable, depending on your experience and education related to this position. Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.