Job Title:Appraiser (Recent Graduate Program) GS-1171- 05
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Office of the Secretary of the Interior
Job Announcement Number:OS-GH-13-MM829821(RG)
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$34,075.00 to $44,293.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, January 28, 2013 to Friday, February 01, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Recent Graduates|
|Few vacancies in the following location:|
Portland, OR United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|U.S.Citizen; No Prior Federal Experience Required|
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to gain valuable work experience in the public sector? The Department of the Interior is devoted to protecting and preserving the natural resources of this great nation, including National Parks, landmarks, and the well-being of communities, including those of Native Americans, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and affliated Islanders.
The Department of the Interior is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated students to work in the Office of the Secretary, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Technology, Information, and Business Services, Office of Valuation Services, Recent Graduate Appraiser Program. You will have an opportunity to perform structured, entry-level valuation assignments designed to develop a broader knowledge of appraisal principles and procedures; While receiving training in appraisal practices, principles, theories, reference materials, and work procedures fundamental to Federal appraisal responsibilities. You will be exposed to the Federal work environment and will learn about the mission and the roles and responsibilities of an Appraiser at DOI! Additionally, this position does have non-competitive conversion eligibility, whereas, the agency reserves the right to non-competitively convert the appointed to a career or career conditional appointment.
This position is located in Portland, OR.
This opportunity is open to applicants who have graduated from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree or higher between 12/27/10 (in accordance with Executive Order 13562) and 2 yrs 7/10/12. If an applicant graduated after 07/10/12 you have 2 years of eligibility from the date of your graduation. Veterans have 2 yrs. of eligibility. However, eligibility can be put on hold based on your active duty (not to exceed 6 yrs. from the date of graduation). The 2 yr. eligibility starts (or continues, if started prior to active duty) upon release from active duty.
NOTE: Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements on or before the date this announcement closes. If you do not meet the requirements of the announcement on or before the closing date of this announcement, you are not eligible for this program. Please review the "REQUIREMENTS" section of this vacancy announcement to ensure that you qualify for this program.
This is an opportunity under the Recent Graduate Program, which is a component of the Pathways Program. The Recent Graduate Program provides recent graduates from accredited educational institutions with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while receiving on the job and formal training. Veteran's Preference is applicable under the Pathways Program.
- To be considered for other Recent Graduate opportunities at the U.S. Department of the Interior, applicants must apply each time a new announcement is posted.
- The United States Department of the Interior will announce Pathways Recent Graduate opportunities multiple times per year, with regard to demand.
- The Work Schedule of the appointee will be full time.
- Participants of the Recent Graduate Program will be required to sign an agreement that outlines the parameters of the Recent Graduate Program during employment with the U.S. Department of the Interior.
- The Recent Graduate Program allows for the agency to non-competitvely convert appointees' to a career conditional or term position once the program participants' completes all requirements of the Recent Graduate Program (Please Note: This is at the discretion of the agency)
- US Citizenship Required
- This position requires extensive training
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age