The Cook Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision of the Food Court or cafeteria and ensures that all areas of canteen operations are ready for business prior to opening. The Chief of the Canteen Service, or designee, provides assignments giving specific instructions on new or revised procedures to be used. The Cook Supervisor performs routine work on his/her own initiative. His/her work is reviewed for conformance to established standards. The cook Supervisor has first level supervisory decision authority over the daily canteen operations. The Cook supervisor performs various food services/cooking tasks in support of VCS food operations, programs, and concepts. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Supervision of Food Service Workers, Sales Associates, Clerks, and Cashiers.
· Supervises the day-to-day operation of operating specialty shops under the Food Court concept or kitchen/cafeteria. These duties include full supervision of assigned employees and compliance with all established time/serving schedule and menu entrees.
· Ensures that subordinates clean and fill condiment stands, trays, plastic ware, and napkin dispensers prior to the beginning, as well as throughout the business day.
· Ensures that subordinates clean and fill all coffee, tea, and other beverage dispensers prior to the beginning, as well as, throughout the day.
· Ensures that each station in the Food Court or serving line is properly staffed during business hours. This includes reassigning other associates or available food service personnel to provide adequate coverage for each station.
· Ensures that subordinate employees clean, fill, and properly display food in dessert or salad cases, candy or chip displays throughout the day.
· Relieves personnel in all areas of the Food Court, cafeteria, including cashiers, as needed. Periodically checks with cashiers for replenishment for relief personnel.
· Brings food from storage areas such as fruits, vegetables, and bottled juices that are prepared and/or sold in various areas of the Food Court or cafeteria. Counts stock of food and supplies on hand and places or assists in placing orders with various vendors. Verifies incoming food deliveries from vendors, logs into Receiving Register, and places these deliveries into dry, refrigerated, and frozen storage areas according to established VCS food storage procedures. Completes and/or assists with schedules food inventories.
· May render supervisory oversight for the retail operations. Maintains and ensures that Sales Associates operate the retail store in accordance with VCS retail standards and procedures.