Job Title:Pharmacy Procurement Technician
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:VHA620 2013-6 827698
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, February 14, 2013 to
Wednesday, February 20, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Excepted Service Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Montrose, NY United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|FINALY GRADE & SALARY DETERMINATION TO BE MADE BY A PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS BOARD|
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 827698
VA Hudson Valley HCS is recruiting for a Pharmacy Procurement Technician for the Pharmacy.
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
NOTE: The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the grade and step at which the candidate will be placed. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
- U. S. Citizenship
- Must pass pre-employment examination
- English Language Proficiency required
- Designated and-or Random Drug Testing required
- Background and-or Security Investigation required
- Certification by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
DUTIES:Back to top
The incumbent functions under the supervision of the Chief, Pharmacy Service, and is frequently called upon to complete tasks by the Inpatient and Outpatient Pharmacy Supervisors. S/he exercises judgment on matters of inventory management and procurement, and makes daily decisions related to fund control point administration, inventory control and general operating issues. The incumbent will work independently using knowledge of job requirements, published manuals, policies, directives, consulting supervisors when unusual issues arise.
The incumbent will be responsible for all ongoing inventories of drug products and pharmaceutical/expendable medical supplies, their procurement and proper storage. The incumbent utilizes basic accounting and budgetary skills to assure inventories are maintained in the most cost-effective manner.
The incumbent will prepare, control and review procurement documents and reports. S/he will contact vendors to obtain status of orders and expedite delivery when required and resolve a variety of shipment, payment or other discrepancies.
The incumbent functions in the capacity of a GS-6 Pharmacy Technician in any area of competency as staffing requirements dictate.
TRAVEL WILL BE REQUIRED TO THE CASTLE POINT CAMPUS
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
- U.S. citizenship.
Education or Experience. A high school diploma or equivalent; or at least 3 months experience.
Certification. Certification by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is required at grades GS-6 and above.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE FOR GS-7 LEVEL: Requires a minimum of one year of Pharmacy Technician experience equivalent to at least GS-6. Qualifying specialized experience may have been gained in hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, or in pharmaceutical firms or laboratories. Experience must have provided a basic knowledge of:
- Pharmaceutical nomenclature;
- Characteristics, strengths, and dosage forms of pharmaceuticals;
- Pharmaceutical systems of weights and measures; and the
- Variety of procedures and techniques involved in the care, storage, repackaging, bulk compounding, and distribution of pharmaceuticals.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment. You may also be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button at the right side of this screen to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
YOU MUST INCLUDE VA FORM 10-2850c IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS VACANCY. You may upload the completed form to your USAJOBS or Application Manager account if you apply online. Then you can use the uploaded form again and again when applying for future vacancies. Please see this guide (http://www4.va.gov/OHRM/joblistings/uploading-and-using-documents-online.doc) for more information on uploading and re-using the form in your applications. Other required forms and documents can also be saved in your account and used the same way. Applicants are urged to apply online; this process is much easier and faster.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application, just reapply through your account in USAJOBS. Check your account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login) to see the status of your application after applying, including any messages that may have been sent to you.
If you cannot apply online:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire.
- Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire: http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf.
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with all supporting documents to (478)757-3144. Your 1203FX form must be placed on top of all materials being faxed and will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
- Keep a copy of your fax receipt in case verification is needed.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload:
- Complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID: 827698. You must use this fax cover sheet in order for your documents to be matched with your online application.
- Fax your documents to (478)757-3144.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, March 01, 2013.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- CV or Resume.
- VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850c-fill.pdf) (required).
- Occupational Questionnaire
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214 or proof of service (required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf).
- If currently employed in the VA system, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action. (required).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After we receive your complete application package (including any required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed to decide if you meet the basic requirements. You will be notified when this decision is made.