Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov. View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-DO-2013-032 for current federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as an Economist. Responsibilities include preparing studies related to the economic and financial aspects of planning, formulation, construction, and operation and maintenance (O&M).
Would you enjoy serving Reclamation in the areas of economics and financial analysis? You can make a difference in the West by assisting in the preparation of economic and financial analyses with senior management. Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with stellar growth potential!
Location: Technical Service Center; Water and Environmental Resources Division; Water Resources Plan and Operations Support Group, Denver, CO.
Relocation expenses are authorized with the exception of the Guaranteed Home Sale Provision. First-post-of-Duty relocation expenses are authorized for new appointments or reinstatement eligibles.
This positin may require travel (less than 25%)
- Performs various economic analysis and reports for resource management studies.
- Researches published primary and secondary information as well as "grey" literature that might provide useful data for a specific project or study.
- Analyzes data using appropriate quantitative techniques and prepares reports and summaries on economic factors addressing relevant factors related to specific studies.
- Assists in the development and formulation of general plans of study working with other specialists and professionals in establishing and interpreting data as they pertain to economic conditions.
- Participates as a member of multiple discipline study teams as assigned.
- Assists in the completion of special studies and reports as requested.