Specialized Experience:Experience that provided knowledge of a body of basic laws and regulations, lawenforcement operations, practices, and techniques and involved responsibility formaintaining order and protecting life and property. Creditable specialized experiencemay have been gained in work on a police force; through service as a militarypolice officer; in work providing visitor protection and law enforcement inparks, forests, or other natural resource or recreational environments; inperforming criminal investigative duties; or in other work that provided therequired knowledge and skills. Specialized experience is defined as;interpreting and applying laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures;exercising discretion in protecting the health, safety, privacy, or bestinterest of the public staff, or others who may be at risk; implementingchecklists and contingency actions in response to incidents, emergencies, andhostile or potentially hostile actions.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities)in the following areas:
· Knowledge of LawEnforcement Operations and Procedures
· Skill in use ofcomputer and associated software programs
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing
Click here for more information.
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
One year trial/probationary period may be required.
Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
· This position is subject to the applicant signing theLautenberg Agreement, provided have never been convicted of a misdemeanor ofdomestic violence or felony. Have youever been convicted of such crimes?
· This position requires a SECRET security clearance. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates, and review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?
· This position is subject to you passing a pre-employment physical/agility test.
· This position requires that you obtain and maintain a valid state driver's license.
· This position is subject to urinalysis testing IAW Department of theArmy guidelines.
· This position requires that you successfully graduate from a Departmentof Army police academy or approved certification course.
· This position may require you to wear Personal Protective Equipment(PPE), i.e. gasmasks.
· This position requires a semi-annual weapons qualifications test.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp.