All qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement, Thursday, February 07, 2013. Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors.
Applicants must be physically fit and, as required in Office of Personnel Management Qualifications Handbook X-118C, must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the elements listed in Section 25 of the Online Occupational Questionnaire to perform the duties of the position at the level for which they are applying. A specific length of time and experience is not required; however you must be able to demonstrate the rough experience shown in your written application, that you possess sufficient knowledge, skill and ability to perform the duties of the position without more than normal supervision.
Examples of experience for this position include:
performing journeyman level work with all water and waste water operator duties to include troubleshooting, repairs and replacement of wastewater lift station systems, water pressure pumps, systems and controls; perform water and waste water distribution functions which include water testing, reporing, monitoring, and routine preventative maintenance, etc; Other duties include: carpentry or woodworking jobs, comletion of special rehabilitation and construction projects, installing cabinets and hinges on cabinets, cutting and nailing boards, and building concrete frames without assistance. I have painted interior and exterior surfaces. Performed major and minor electrical installations or repairs, such as repair lift station pump controls, water system pump controls, replacing fuses and light bulbs, and installing light switches without assistance, pull wire and install conduit and electric boxes. Performed plumbing work, such as replacing washers in faucets and unclogging sinks, install plumbing lines for new facilities, replace existing lines, install sinks, toilets, and faucets. As well as serviced and maintain waste water lift pumps and water pressure and treatment systems without assistance. Performed janitorial services, including cleaning sinks, toilets, sweeping and mopping floors, and insuring that there are adequate supplies of soap, towels and toilet paper for a public restroom. Performed general landscaping and grounds maintenance such as cutting grass with push/riding mowers, weed eaters and pruners. As well as repair, replace, and install irrigation systems.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. You must meet level 2 on the screen out factor/element and an average of level 2 on all factors/elements.
1. If new to Federal Civil Service, you will be required to serve a probationary period of 1 year.
2. National Park Service (NPS) uniformed position. Employee will be required to wear a uniform and comply with NPS uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided to defray the cost of the uniform.
3. Applicants must possess a valid state driver's license. This position requires that you operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties. A valid State driver's license is required. As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit a completed GSA Form 3607, Motor Vehicle Operator's License and Driving Record. You must also submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that discloses all valid driver's licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you. If you are tentatively selected for employment in this position, you will be required to complete GSA Form 3607 and submit the above State issued documents. Your employment, after your tentative selection, will be contingent upon receipt of these documents in a timely manner and that those documents establish, to the satisfaction of the selecting official, that you possess a valid driver's license.
4. Incumbent is required to obtain a valid Arizona Water Treatment 2, Water Distribution 1, Wastewater Collection 1, and Backflow Tester certification within one year of entrance of duty.
5. Must obtain a valid Class A Arizona Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsements within six months of entrance of duty.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your rating will be based on your responses to the Assessment Questionnaire and the information stated in your resume. The assessment questions relate to the following competencies that are required to perform the work of this position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics).
- Ability to do the work of a Water Treatment Plant Operator without more than normal supervision (Screen-out)
- Ability to Maintain and repair water and wastewater treatment systems and equipment.
- Dexterity and Safety
- Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of all materials used in carpentry, plumbing, electrical and general maintenance work. (i.e. painting, carpentry, janitorial, etc.
Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. Candidates will be ranked into 3 categories:
Category Group I (Best Qualified) - applicants who possess experience and/or education that well exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position, including all selective factors and all quality ranking factors. Applicants considered best qualified must be highly proficient in all requirements of the job and be able to perform effectively in the position.
Category Group II (Well Qualified) - applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job.
Category Group III (Qualified) - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all of the requirements of the job.
VETERANS PREFERENCE: Veterans Preference applies to category rating. Within each quality category, veteran's preference eligibles are listed first, including CP, CPS, XP, and TP. In addition, veterans who have a 10% or more service-connected compensable disability (CP or CPS) are placed at the top of the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or above or if they fail to meet positive education requirements, training, selective placement factor, etc.). Applicants referred are listed on the selection certificate alphabetically (veteran's preference eligibles before non-veterans) without scores.
Order of Consideration: Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications required by the position will be considered in the following order: (1) best qualified applicants entitled to 10-point veterans' preference who have a compensable service-connected disability of 10 percent or more (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or above or if they fail to meet positive education requirements, training, selective placement factor, etc.), best qualified applicants entitled to 10-point or 5-point veterans' preference, and then all other best qualified applicants, (2) well qualified applicants entitled to 10-point or 5-point veterans' preference and then all other well qualified applicants, (3) qualified applicants entitled to 10-point or 5-point veterans' preference and then all other qualified applicants.