Citizen of the United States. Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia. In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. Must be proficient in spoken and written English.
Applicant's education and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Nurse Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. Experience as a RN will be evaluated to determine if the experience is of an acceptable level of quality with regard to the following four dimensions of nursing: Practice, Professional Development, Collaboration and Scientific Inquiry. Each dimension of practice has criteria that demonstrate essential core competencies for VHA Nursing Personnel. The criteria are as follows: Practice: practice, ethics and resource utilization, Professional Development: performance, education/career development, Collaboration; collaboration, collegiality, Scientific Inquiry: quality of care, research. Education/Experience Requirements:
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of experience, or ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelors degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 years experience or a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 years experience, or a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no experience.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 years experience or Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 years experience.
- Masters degree in Nursing required.
- Prescribing and dispensing authority required.
- National Certification required.
- Documented evidence of satisfactory performance and dependability.
- 2-3 years of qualified NP experience required.
- Experience in Spine, Hand & Plastics and/or Telehealth Neurosurgery is preferred
- OR experience as a first assist is preferred.
- Skillfully competent in performing neurological exams.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties in accordance with the VA and Joint Commission Standards of Care.
- Demonstrated ability to independently and collaboratively make patient care decisions.
- Must be able to manage multi-clinic workload and surgical provider(s) networking.
- Must be able to personally accommodate the complex on-call responsibilities.
- Ability to easily establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships and communication with physicians, staff, patients, and their significant others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Possess basic computer knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership skills
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.Reference: VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G-6 NURSE QUALIFICATION STANDARD http://www1.va.gov/vapubs/viewPublication.asp?Pub_ID=464&FType=2
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
It is highly recommended that you use resume builder in USA JOBS as it contains all of the information we need to determine whether or not you are qualified for this position. Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment. You may also be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.