The GS-12 salary range starts at $81,460.00 per year, if you meet the following qualifications. You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
To qualify, you must demonstrate at least 1 year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that demonstrated knowledge and understanding of financial and accounting practices and procedures and the ability to utilize automation tools in accomplishing the work.
Examples of such experience are: rate development; budget formulation and execution; preparation of income and expenses analysis; preparing monthly financial statements utilizing accrual- based accounting; communicating financial data to program managers, working with program officials to understand and implement capital planning requirements; special financial and accounting projects; performing comprehensive financial audits of organizations; utilizing financial programs on personal computer to manipulate, arrange and expedite data; and writing policies procedures, guidelines and referral papers on financial and accounting matters.
There is no educational substitution.
This position has been designated as a Public Trust Position. The person selected for this vacancy will be required to successfully pass a background investigation for this position. If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Serve a one year probationary period (unless you have previously satisfied this requirement).
- Be able to make a direct deposit of your salary check to a financial organization.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service.
- Complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment" (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment.
- Undergo a background security investigation and receive a favorable adjudication.
- If you are not a current GSA employee, you must complete the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 to determine identity and employment (work status) eligibility. GSA will verify the information through the DHS e-Verify automated system. Any identified discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, and obtain approval that no conflict or an appearance of conflict exists between your financial interest and this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
The Category Rating procedure is being used to rate candidates. If you are found qualified for the position, your responses to the self assessment vacancy questions will be used to place you in one of the following categories: Qualified, Well Qualified, Best Qualified. Your responses to the vacancy questions must be supported by your resume or the Human Resources Specialist may adjust your responses lower. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Appropriate documentation must be received to adjudicate veterans' preference.
You will be evaluated on the vacancy related questions that were designed to assess your overall possession of the following competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities:
1. A comprehensive knowledge of accounting and auditing techniques.
2. Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods and analytical skills to
perform a broad range of assessments, financial evaluations and fiscal
3. Ability to communicate technical financial data orally and in writing to varied
A variety of assessments/assessment tools may be used to evaluate candidates for specific vacancies covered by this announcement. Candidates will be notified when further assessments are implemented and provided with instructions on how to access and complete the assessment(s). Be sure to APPLY EARLY as most assessments must be completed fully and submitted before the announcement closing. To preview questions please click here.
If you are an Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan eligible or a GSA Career Transition Assistance eligible, you must be considered well qualified (minimum score of 85) to receive priority. ICTAP/CTAP