To qualify for this position, you must have at least:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to a GS-12. Specialized experience is experience which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and/or abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to this position. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, but must demonstrate that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated. Examples of specialized experience include: negotiates, award, and administers multi-year, multi-billion dollar contracts; provides advice, guidance and assistance to the project office and the field; participates in pre-award and post award conferences; resolves acquisition problems; develops acquisition policies and procedures; plans, manages, and make decisions and recommendations. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been at least equivalent to GS-12 grade level in Federal Service.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
Qualifications must be met by the Closing Date: You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by Wednesday, January 23, 2013.
· Background Investigation: You may need to successfully complete a background investigation before appointed into the position.
· Probationary Period: You may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
CATEGORY RATING: Your application will be evaluated and rated under Category Rating selection procedures. Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. Qualified veterans will be afforded preference by being placed at the top of the appropriate quality group. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The quality categories are: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, Qualified.
Your rating will be based on both your entire application package as well as the responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your category rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position.
Your application will be evaluated based on your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
- Ability to discuss program objectives, technical terminology and uses of equipment and services with a customer and develop/plan an acquisition strategy and develop/write/edit requirements documentation and contract documents which will meet customer program requirements for both pre and post award.
- Knowledge of pre-award and post award acquisition methodology and procedures, regulations, statutes and related material to coordinate and support designated acquisition programs for VA and the skill to develop acquisition policies and procedures for use in solving new or unique acquisition problems associated with large dollar enterprise contracts.
- Familiarity with business strategy and program or technical requirements sufficient to perform or direct evaluation of the contractor's proposed financial and technical capabilities; skill in analyzing the performance of the contractor and familiarity with contract post award surveillance methodology and internal government controls.
Information for Veterans: Qualified veterans will be afforded preference by being placed at the top of the appropriate quality group. Qualifying veterans with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be placed at the top of the best qualified group. The best qualified group is the first to be referred to the hiring facility for further consideration and possible interview. The remaining groups may be referred based on the number of applicants available.