Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At HHS you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Join HHS and help make our world healthier, safer and better for all Americans.
The Indian Health Service is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified Indian applicants and employees who are qualified and suitable for Federal employment. The Indian Health Service (IHS) by law is committed to affording employment preference to American Indian and Alaska Native candidates who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. In other than the above, the Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED (OUF)" --Panels will be issued after February 13, 2013; March 14, 2013; April 11, 2013; etc.: PANELS WILL BE RUN EVERY 20-- BUSINESS DAYS (DISCLUDING HOLIDAYS) UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED.
To be eligible for this position under the Delegated Examining (DE) hiring plan, you must be a U.S. Citizen.
This position is also being announced under Announcement # IHS-13-AB-826565-ESEP/MP for those who want to be considered under Merit Promotion Plan/Excepted Service Examining Plan. If you wish to be considered under all hiring plans you must submit an application to both job opportunity announcements.
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION: Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Northern Plains Regional Aberdeen Area, PHS Indian Health Hospital, Division of Clinical Services, Outpatient / Emergency Room Department, Eagle Butte, South Dakota.
Eagle Butte, SD United States 1 vacancy
POSITION DETAILS: < Full-Time / Permanent >
- Salary Range: $76,346.00 - $94,427.00 (Annually)
- Promotion Potential: NONE
- Merit Promotion Position: YES
- Travel Required: YES--Occasional travel may be required.
- Supervisory/Managerial Position: NO
- Relocation Expenses Paid: NO--"Travel & Relocation Expenses" will not be paid (Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the employee).
- Is position covered by PL 101-630: YES--(See item #3 in the "How-to Apply" section of this vacancy).
- Is drug testing required: NO
- Is government housing available: YES--Depending on availability.
- Is this a bargaining unit position: YES
- Tour of Duty (Work Schedule): YES--Call Back, Standby, Rotating Shifts, Nights/Weekends/Holidays.
NOTE: This position requires that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
- visit firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on Who May Apply
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you losing consideration for the job.
MAJOR DUTIES: This position is located at the Eagle Butte Indian Health Hospital one of the IHS facilities in the Northern Plains Region Aberdeen Area, the Medical Staff Section of the Indian Health Service. The purpose of this position is to provide direct and comprehensive primary, preventive and therapeutic medical care to individuals across the lifespan.
· Knowledge and skill in the prevention and health maintenance measures, disease control activities, and early identification of d Knowledge and skill to provide emergency medical treatment. Knowledge of drug therapy to be initiated in the absence of a physician.
· Knowledge of the process and procedures for establishing, revising, monitoring and evaluation of clinical standards.
· Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations governing the Physician Assistant and medical principles in order to develop appropriate plans of care within the scope of a Physician Assistant.
· The Physician Assistant resolves most conflicts and uses individual judgment to develop new procedures, practices and approaches to caring for patients, and the Physician Assistant is considered a technical authority in practitioner skills.
· Performs other position related duties as assigned.