For CG-12, applicants must have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 11 level or higher in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience performing a range of human resources activities, specifically related to staffing/placement, classification/position management, compensation, and HR information systems.
For CG-13, applicants must have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 12 level or higher in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience conducting human resources management operations and management advisory services in the areas of staffing/placement, classification/ position management, compensation, and HR information systems.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
Applicants eligible for CTAP (Career Transition Assistance Program) or ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 85 or higher in the online assessment to be determined "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
Low Risk Position - National Agency Check Investigation (NACI) required.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume will be reviewed, including the online assessment questionnaire, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
- Skill in applying, a wide range of HR principles, concepts, practices, and policies sufficient to solve a wide range of complex, interrelated HR problems and issues.
- Skill in applying HR information systems sufficient to provide technical assistance on procedures and applications.
- Skill in using an automated staffing and recruitment tool to conduct staffing and recruitment services.
- Skill in oral communication to provide advice and guidance to others, brief senior management and conduct other oral presentations on a variety of complex and highly sensitive issues.
- Skill in applying a wide range of classification, compensation, and pay administration policies, principles, and practices to advise others on pay setting and adjust pay for new and continuing employees.
- Ability to benchmark best practices and revise/design assigned program areas for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs. To preview questions please click here.