To qualify, you MUST meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Applicants can qualify by meeting the EDUCATION requirements specified below and/or the SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE requirements.
GS-11: Ph.D., or equivalent doctoral degree, or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in computer science, engineering, information science, or technology management.
THERE IS NO EDUCATION SUBSTITUTION FOR THE GS-12 GRADE LEVEL.
TRANSCRIPTS are required if:
- You are qualifying for the position based on education.
- You are qualifying for this position based on a combination of experience and education.
This education must have been successfully completed and obtained from an accredited school, college, or university. For more information on submitting transcripts, click: Transcripts
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-11/12 GRADE LEVELS
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the next lower level in the Federal Service.
Examples of GS-11 qualifying experience include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing, validating, and standardizing problem resolutions for inclusion in the problem resolution database.
- Serving as senior customer technical analyst with responsibility for resolving the most complex customer problems, e.g. by reimaging customer workstations and correcting others affected by similar problems.
Examples of GS-12 qualifying experience include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing standard log-in scripts and establishing network access protocols enabling customers to gain local or remote access.
- Evaluating and reporting on new tools and trends in the customer support field, such as browser-based and speech-enabled customer support services; organizing vendor demonstration sessions for other specialists; and recommending purchase of new tools to enhance the delivery of customer support services.
In addition, all applicants qualifying based on experience must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. Applicants must demonstrate possession of these competencies within the body of the resume; no separate statements addressing them are required.
Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- DD214 (Member 4 copy) or other veterans' documents required to receive veterans' preference.
- As a condition of employment, a background investigation may be required for this position.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of one-year probationary period.
- Work is primarily sedentary but does require bending, stooping, and lifting desktop computer equipment peripherals. Physical stamina is required to meet short deadlines. Frequent work at a computer terminal for extended periods is also involved.
- Moderate travel in the Northeastern Region is required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To preview questions please click here.
- Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. Your resume must support that you meet the specialized experience requirements described above and are proficient in the following skills or competencies below. Please note you are not required to provide specific narrative responses to the skills and competencies described in this section.
- Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills & Teamwork
- Staff Leadership, Program & Project Management
- IT Technical Expertise – Customer Service
- Category rating procedures will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. The following quality categories will be used: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. Within each quality category, veterans' preference eligibles will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
- Your final category placement will be based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please ensure your resume provides enough detail to support your responses.
- If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.