In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient education to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered.
To qualify for this position you must meet at least one of the following:
- Successful completion of four academic years of post-high school study or completed four academics years of pre-professional study OR
- Successful completion of four academic years of post-high school study or completed four academics years of pre-professional study within 9 months from the closing date of this announcement.
This position has Selective Placement Factors (screen-outs), which will be used to determine minimum qualifications for this position. Applicants not possessing these Selective Placement Factors will be found ineligible for this position. The Selective Placement Factors are:
· United States citizenship.
· 18 years of age or older.
You are eligible if you are currently accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click the following link: View Assessment Questions.
1) A high school whose curriculum has been approved by a State or local governing body, or a home-school curriculum that has been approved by such a body or a State; and
2) Any of the following educational institutions or curricula that have been accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the secretary of the U.S. Department of Education:
(i) A technical or vocational school;
(ii) A 2-year or 4-year college or university;
(iii) A graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or
(iv) A home-school curriculum
Must be enrolled as a degree-seeking student
Must be taking at least a half-time academic course load, as defined by the school
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements, if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying. For further information, please visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Selectee is required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit of pay program.
A security clearance is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
Selectee may be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
If your application is not complete or you do not provide sufficient information about your qualifications, you may lose consideration or preference for this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position based on the information provided in your resume, responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, and your supporting documentation, to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
2. Technical Competence: Knowledge of how to perform one's job. Refers to specialized knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on-the-job experience.
3. Conscientiousness: Displays a high level of effort and commitment towards performing work; demonstrates responsible behavior.
4. Integrity/Honesty: Displays high standards of ethical conduct and understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others; chooses an ethical course of action; is trustworthy.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, cooperation, concern, and politeness to others; relates well to different people from varied backgrounds and different situations.
6. Flexibility: Adapts quickly to changes.
NOTE: Applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. If it is determined that you have rated yourself higher than is supported in your description of experience and/or education as described in your resume/application package, or that your resume or application package is incomplete, you may be rated ineligible, not qualified, or your score may be lowered.