All applicants must meet one of the following basic eligibility requirements in order to qualify for this position:
- A degree in accounting or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting; OR
- 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge with a background that also includes one of the following: (1) Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality; or (2) A certificate as a Certified Public Account or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or (3) Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing.
In addition to the basic eligibility requirements, applicants must have the following specialized experience and/or directly related education or a combination:
(Specialized experience is paid or unpaid experience which has equipped you with the specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position .in the practical application of professional accounting and auditing principles, procedures, and techniques.)
At the GS-7 applicants must have one (1) year of graduate-level education or superior academic achievement or one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-5 level. Specialized experience includes but is not limited to performing routine technical accounting assignments, and assisting to verify reports against source accounts, reconcile bank and other accounts, verify cash receipts and disbursement vouchers, verifying accuracy of computations, and preparing routine working papers.
At the GS-9 applicants must have two (2) years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master’s degree or equivalent graduate degree or one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 level. Specialized experience includes but is not limited to performing technical accounting assignments, verifying reports against source accounts, reconciling bank and other accounts, and assisting to prepare audit work papers in TeamMate, and determine that approved accounting policies and procedures are followed.
The successful applicant for this position will possess the following KSAs/competencies: (Applicants need not prepare written responses to these KSAs, unless asked in the online application.)
- Knowledge of accounting principles and auditing standards.
- Ability to apply audit techniques in collecting and analyzing data.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to conduct multiple segments of complex audits
For further information on qualification requirements for this position, please visit http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Applicants using education to qualify for this position, must submit an unofficial transcript or a list of courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. Education completed in foreign colleges and universities may be used if the institution has been accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education.
FOR FOREIGN EDUCATION PLEASE VISIT:
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Time-in-grade restrictions must also be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants must have at least 52 weeks of service equivalent to the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position.
Appointment to this position may be subject to successful completion of a 1-year probationary period.
Upon reporting, and on an annual basis thereafter, you will be required to file a financial statement and/or a procurement integrity certification. These certifications may be subject to public disclosure.
This position requires a security clearance and is subject to drug testing. The selectee must test negative prior to being appointed to this position and will be subject to random testing thereafter. Failure to pass subsequent tests could result in disciplinary action, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. If your resume is incomplete, or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire you may be rated ineligible, not qualified, or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.