Job Title:PATHWAYS INTERNSHIP (OFFICE AUTOMATION CLERK)
Department:Department of the Air Force
Agency:Air Force Materiel Command
Job Announcement Number:6Z-Hill-825062-758594-BMJ
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$31,177.00 to $40,527.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, January 14, 2013 to Thursday, January 17, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Internships|
|Few vacancies in the following location:|
Edwards AFB, CA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Student/Internship Program Eligibles|
A BOLD SPIRIT. A PROUD HISTORY. Ad Inexplorata . It means "Toward The Unexplored." This motto defines the very spirit and history of the Air Force Flight Test Center at Edwards Air Force Base, CA. It is where Capt. "Chuck" Yeager became the first human to break the sound barrier, where tomorrow's ambitious aviation breakthroughs continue to become reality and where talented civilian professionals in various walks-of-life experience truly unique careers. Please visit our website http://www.edwards.af.mil/
This is a Pathways Student Internship opportunity. The Internship offers valuable work experience directly related to your academic field of study. This is your opportunity to begin a successful Federal civilian career with the United States Air Force. As an Intern, you will be given the opportunity to gain the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to pursue a successful career with the US Air Force and upon completing your degree and meeting conversion eligibility requirements, be eligible for placement in a permanent position. However, it is important to remember that eligibility for conversion does not guarantee you will be offered a permanent position.
*** "Due to the implementation of the Pathways programs, appointments made after 9 July 2012 will be made under the Pathways Internship Program. More information on the Pathways Programs for students and recent graduates can be found at: http://www.opm.gov/HiringReform/Pathways" ***
**Area of Consideration for this Announcement **
Students considered must work and go to school within the local commuting area.
WHO MAY APPLY: This announcement is open to an individual enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree seeking student and is taking at least a half-time academic/vocational/ or technical course load in an accredited high school, technical or vocational school, 2 year or 4 year college or university. This announcement is only for students in a bachelors or lower program. Graduate students will not be refered.
FOR THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT:
1. Online Application (Occupational Questionnaire)
2. Résumé, for each block of work experience you must include month/year (starting/ending dates), salary, hours per week, job title, supervisors name/phone number (may we contact statement).
3. Transcripts (unofficial), if qualifying based on education OR if this position has an educational requirement.
4. Veterans, if you are a veteran with preference you must submit a copy of your DD-214 (a copy stating character of service, Service-2, Service-7, Member-4, or etc.). If not separated you may provide a memo from your Military Personnel Office that includes your "character of service". In addition, if claiming 10 point preference, you will need to submit a current VA letter dated 1991 or later stating your overall/combined percent of disability and a Standard Form (SF) 15 "Application for 10-pont Veterans' Preference". For more information on veterans' preference see www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will not not be paid
- Must be age 16 or oder at time of appointment
- Salary includes local market supplement
- Current transcripts are required (submit with application)