Job Title:Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:National Park Service
Job Announcement Number:NPS-NERCS-13-13
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$30.66 to $35.75 / Per Hour|
|Friday, January 25, 2013 to Wednesday, February 13, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
King of Prussia, PA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Applicants eligible under Merit Promotion procedures within the local commuting area|
Experience your America and build a fulfilling career by joining the National Park Service. Become a part of our mission to unite our past, our cultures and our special places, to establish important connections to the present and build a rich and lasting legacy for future generations.
This is a merit promotion vacancy announcement open to eligible applicants. You are eligible to apply under merit promotion procedures if you meet one of the following criteria and live in the local commuting area:
- Current Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service.
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service.
- Displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
- VEOA eligible, that is, veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 or more years of continuous active service. VEOA eligible applicants can live outside of the local commuting area.
- Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., Veterans Recruitment Appointment, Severely Disabled, Peace Corps, or Interchange Agreements with other Merit Systems).
You must submit your SF-50, DD 214, SF-15 (and supporting documentation), or applicable proof of eligibility for a Special Hire Authority in order to be considered under merit promotion procedures.
This position is currently located in the Facility Management Division of Valley Forge National Historical Park, and is one of two maintenance supervisors reporting directly to the Chief of Maintenance. The division is responsible for the maintenance and operation of the park's facilities and provides services to other park divisions. Operations extend over approximately 3500 acres. Facilities within the park include three picnic areas with restrooms, a visitor center with curatorial vault, theater, administration area, maintenance areas, historic and non-historic structures, park housing, wastewater system, wells, and log huts. In the future this position may be located at both Valley Forge National Historical Park and Hopewell Furnace National Historical Site, located approximately 35 miles away from Valley Forge. In this case the employee may be required to report to either duty station on a day-to-day basis, but the duty station of this position will remain Valley Forge National Historical Site. The major duties at both locations are essentially the same. The core hours for this position are Monday through Friday 7am to 3:30pm, but you may be required to work weekends, holidays, and overtime when needed. The anticipated start date for this position is 3/10/2013.
The employees of the National Park Service care for special places that are the heritage of all Americans. Since its inception in 1916, the National Park Service has been dedicated to the preservation and management of this country's outstanding natural, historical, and recreational resources. National parks are among the most remarkable places in America for recreation, learning, and inspiration.
APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT SUBMIT THE REQUIRD DOCUMENTATION WILL NOT RECEIVE FULL CONSIDERATION. Please click on the "Print Preview" to view the full announcement. You are encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application package. Your application will not get full consideration if you do not follow the instructions as outlined. Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
- U.S. citizenship required
- You must submit proof of eligibility under Merit Promotion, Special Hire
- Travel required, wearing a uniform is required
- A supervisory probation period is required
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication
- A valid driver's license is required