All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement, Tuesday, January 29, 2013.
To qualify for this GS-7 position you must have: one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-06 level performing duties such as researching non-native plant activity or control program work; nursery work that required growing and maintenance of plants in a controlled environment. *OR* Have completed at least one year of graduate level education (18 semester credits) directly related to the work of the position. *OR* Have a combination of specialized experience as described above and education as described above which total at least one year. For example, 6 months of specialized experience (50% of the experience) and 9 months of graduate study (50% of the education requirement) would qualify an applicant for this position.
Please Note: If you are using education to qualify, you must submit a copy of your college transcripts.
To qualify based on education, you must submit a legible copy of transcripts from an accredited institution with your name, school name, credit hours, major(s), and grade-point average or class ranking. Applicants can verify accreditation HERE. Transcripts do not need to be official but if you are selected for this position and you used your education to qualify then you will need to provide official transcripts before you enter on duty.
You can receive credit for education received outside the United States if you provide evidence that it is comparable to an accredited education institution in the United States when you apply; for further information click HERE.
· National Park Service (NPS) uniformed position. Employee will be required to wear a uniform and comply with NPS uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided to defray the cost of the uniform
· Limited travel may be required for this position; some extended periods of backcountry travel is required; some heavy lifting and strenuous hiking is required
· The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) eligibles - provide copy of your agency's notice of Reduction in Force and your most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level and duty location. To be qualified you must be found well-qualified (have a final rating of 90 or more) for this vacancy. Information about ICTAP and CTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at CTAP/ICTAP.
· Be able to obtain an Arizona Pesticide Applicators License within 6 months of starting the position
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required of this position. Please follow all instructions carefully.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
· Ability to function as crew chief of volunteers, youth and conservation groups and provide logistics; this includes scheduling, coordinating and planning field activities
· Ability to identify exotic invasive, forest, desert and desert riparian native plants and ecosystems of Northern AZ
· Knowledge of invasive plant management principles and processes and the ability to plan, perform, and document inventory, treatment, and monitoring activities for invasive plants
· Ability to safely operate 4x4 vehicles and various equipment such as chainsaws, weed whackers, soil augers, etc
You must include months, years and hours per week worked to receive credit for your work experience. One year of specialized experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hours per week. Part-time hours are prorated. You will not receive any credit for experience that does not indicate exact hours per week or is listed as "varies."