Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement. Education may only be substituted in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order to be credited towards qualifications.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the education requirements if you can show that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click on the link for a list of accredited organizations recognized as specializing in interpretation of foreign education credentials.
Applicants applying for the GS-12 grade level must meet the following requirements:Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND specialized experience listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when troubleshooting and investigating problems to ensure appropriate recovery and resolutions are placed.
- Customer Service - Represents the Bureaus IT organization and works with clients and customers ensure that the services being provided meet customer needs.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information by developing reports and making recommendations that anticipate major effects on IT systems and mission-related operations.
- Problem Solving - Ensures a seamless approach and identifying problems during installation, maintenance, upgrade and support of servers.
Have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and/or maintaining Tanberg/CISCO video conferencing systems;
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and/or implementing VM Ware (Version 4.0ESX or above) and its integration with NetApp storage devices (model FAS3020 or above);
- Microsoft IIS (Version 6.0 or above)/SQL (Version 2005 or above) in Windows Server 2003 or 2008;
- Experience in Network Design and Systems Integration; designing, building and maintaining virtual environments and Windows operating systems (OS);
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and/or implementing backup/disaster recovery technologies using Symantec NetBackup (version 7 or higher)
- Applying network systems management methods including systems performance monitoring; network architecture and topology, including transmissions protocols, broadcasting, switching, control and management;
- Communicating with senior-level executives, managers, coworkers, and customers to resolve technical and organizational issues.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTORS:
1- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH VM WARE (VERSION 4.0ESX OR ABOVE) AND ITS INTEGRATION WITH NETAPP STORAGE DEVICES (MODEL 3000 OR ABOVE); AND EXPERIENCE INSTALLING, CONFIGURING, AND MAINTAINING MICROSOFT IIS (VERSION 6.0 OR ABOVE)/ SQL (VERSION 2005 OR ABOVE) IN WINDOWS SERVER 2003 OR 2008 ENVIRONMENT.
2- EXPERIENCE INSTALLING, CONFIGURING, AND MAINTAINING TANBERG/CISCO VIDEO CONFERENCING SYSTEMS.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection procedures. Based on your responses to the job-specific self-assessment questions, eligible candidates are placed for selection consideration into one of three pre-defined quality categories as described below:
Highly-qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications for the position, candidates must fully demonstrate proficiency in all major aspects of the position.
Well Qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, candidates must demonstrate proficiency in some but not all of the major aspects of the position.
Qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, applicants must demonstrate a basic level of knowledge, skill and ability of the position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics that are relevant to the duties of this position and must be fully supported by information in your resume:
Knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods, and practices.
Knowledge of and skill in applying network systems design, development, testing, installation, operations, management and maintenance concepts and methods.
Knowledge of and skill in current system technologies.
Knowledge of and skill in video conferencing configuration and administration.
Ability to communicate orally.
Knowledge of LAN Adminstration.
To preview questions please click here.
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience(s) and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. In order to fully evaluate your application and receive proper credit, your resume should include: (1) paid and non-paid experience, job title, dates held (month and year for qualifying purposes to receive credit), number of hours worked per week, and salary (2) knowledge of the subject matter and technical skills pertinent to this position; (3) specific duties performed that fully detail the level and complexity of the work; and (4) names and phone numbers of your current and/or previous supervisor(s). Your resume should contain sufficient information to make a valid determination that you fully meet the basic/specialized experience requirements as stated in this job opportunity announcement for each grade level(s) for which you are applying. This information should be clearly identified in your resume. Failure to provide information sufficient to determine your qualifications for the position will result in loss of consideration. For tips on writing your resume, please visit the USAJOBS Resource Center.
If, after reviewing your resume and self-assessment questionnaire responses and a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, a score will be manually determined that reflects your documented experience. This may result in a lower score, which may also eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each pre-defined quality category. Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent (i.e., CPS and CP) must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates must be rated "Well Qualified" for the position to receive consideration for special priority.
Applicants must meet all the qualification requirements and submit any required supporting documentation by the closing date of this announcement. Applicants found to be among the top qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring official for further consideration and possible interview.