Please make sure your specialized experience/requirement(s) can be identified in your resume.
- Experience directing and coordinating the audit process in the performance of Financial Management audits; the audits consist of performing varied duties that require resolving particularly difficult and complex problems in highly responsible circumstances.
- Experience developing, implementing, isolating, and resolve critical, controversial, and/or precedent setting issues and situations relative to Financial Management audit findings, recommendations, and techniques.
- Experience providing expert advice to auditors on the interpretation of regulations, legislation and/or policy applications.
Applicants must meet the qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
A. Degree: Accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term “accounting” means “accounting and/or auditing” in this standard. Similarly, “accountant” should be interpreted, generally as accountant and/or auditor.”)
B. Combination of education and experiencing – at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant’s background must also include one of the following:
1. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law.
2. A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination.
Overnight travel can be 4-8 times per year and 1-3 weeks per audit.
Selectee(s) will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, prior to entering on duty and annually thereafter.
Positive Education Requirement: This position has a specific education requirement; all applicants must verify completion of this basic education requirement by submitting a copy of college transcripts by the closing date of the vacancy announcement. Please see the "Required Documents" section of this announcement for additional information.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the FBI's Candidate Rating Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Names of candidates in the best qualified category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration. Candidates within the best qualified category who are eligible for veteran preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.
All applicants will be rated on the following Competencies:
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Detection and Solution
- Administrative/Organizational Policies and Procedures
- Customer Service
High self-assessment in the vacancy questions that is not supported by information in your resume, and/or supporting documents may eliminate you from best-qualified status or result in a lowered score.
To preview questions please click here.
Additional details on the application process can be found at the "How To Apply" section of this announcement.