Job Title:Social Worker (CBOC-Greenville, NC) Social Work Service
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:VHA-558-13-DUR-822337-SJR
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, January 9, 2013 to
Wednesday, January 23, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Excepted Service Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Greenville, NC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 822337 (Include # on all documents)
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/ .
- U. S. Citizenship
- Must pass pre-employment examination
- English Language Proficiency required
- Designated and-or Random Drug Testing required
- Background and-or Security Investigation required
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
- U.S. citizenship.
- English Language Proficiency
- Physical RequirementsGRADE DETERMINATIONS:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE FOR GS-11 LEVEL: Requires a minimum of one year of post-MSW degree professional social work experience in the field of health care. This experience must have been in a clinical setting and must have demonstrated the potential to perform advanced assignments independently. (A clinical setting is a medical center, clinic - medical or psychiatric, residential treatment center, or any other type of facility where social work participates in a collaborative treatment and is identified with the medical profession.) Experience must have been obtained AFTER earning a Master's Degree in Social Work.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
References : Input applicable reference and links. For example: VA Handbook 5005/23, Part II, Appendix F7, SOCIAL WORKER QUALIFICATION STANDARD, dated February 2009, and OPM Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Professional and Scientific Positions at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/IORs/GS0100/0185.htm ( or you may use the following generic citation) VA Handbook 5005 available in the local Human Resources Office and OPM Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Professional and Scientific Positions at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/IORs/GS0100/0185.htm. ]
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Applicants must, therefore, only report attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. *** If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. ***
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment. You may also be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To begin the process, click the Apply Online
button at the right side of this screen to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
YOU MUST INCLUDE VA FORM 10-2850c IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS VACANCY. This form can be found at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850c-fill.pdf Please also include a copy of the OF306 http://www.va.gov/vaforms/va/pdf/OF306.pdf
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application, just reapply through your account in USAJOBS. Check your account ( https://my.usajobs.gov/Login.aspx ) to see the status of your application after applying, including any messages that may have been sent to you.
If you cannot apply online:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire.
- Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire: http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with all supporting documents to (478)757-3144. Your 1203FX form must be placed on top of all materials being faxed and will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
- Keep a copy of your fax receipt in case verification is needed.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload:
- Complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID: 822337. You must use this fax cover sheet in order for your documents to be matched with your online application.
- Fax your documents to (478)757-3144.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Wednesday, January 23, 2013.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- CV or Resume.
- VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850c-fill.pdf (required).
- Copy of Transcripts (Does not need be offical copy) (required)
- Occupational Questionnaire
- Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/va/pdf/OF306.pdf This is a required form and must be submitted with your application.
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD214 (Member 4 Copy) (required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at) http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf .
- If currently employed in the VA system, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action. (required).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After we receive your complete application package (including any required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed to decide if you meet the basic requirements. You will be notified when this decision is made.