You must meet the following requirements within 60 calendar days after the closing date of the announcement.
You must meet the BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENT:
In order to qualify, you must meet the basic education requirements outlined in A, B, AND C below OR you have been in a GS-1102 position, at or above the GS-13 level, since January 1, 2000 without a break in service.
A. Four years of experience in contracting or related positions. At least one year of that experience must have been specialized experience at or equivalent to work at the next lower level of the position, and must have provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the work of the position.
B. A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
C. The training curriculum for GS-1102s is the FAC-C or DAWIA Level I required courses and the FAC-C or DAWIA Level II required courses. It is preferred, but not required, that the FAC-C or DAWIA Level III course has also been completed and the applicant holds a valid, current FAC-C or DAWIA Level III credential. ***FAC-C courses are listed below, DAWIA equivalents are also acceptable.
LEVEL I MANDATORY COURSES:
CON 100 Shaping Smart Business Arrangements
CON 110 Mission Support Planning
CON 111 Mission Strategy Execution
CON 112 Mission Performance Assessment
CON 120 Mission Focused Contracting
1 Elective, minimum of 16 hours per course.
LEVEL II MANDATORY COURSES:
CON 214 Effective Business Practices (online)
CON 215 Services Case (classroom)
CON 216 Legal & Cost Analysis (online)
CON 217 Pricing & Negotiation (online)
CON 218 Supplies Case (classroom)
2 Electives minimum of 16 hours per course.
LEVEL III Mandatory COURSE:
Con 353 Advanced Business Solutions for Mission Support Training
2 Electives, minimum of 16 hours per course.
Specialized Experience: For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes serving as a warranted Contracting Officer providing advice, guidance, and training to others throughout all aspects of contracting transactions from initiation through closeout of the contract.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
Time In Grade: For the GS-13, you must have been at the GS-12 level for 52 weeks.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions, and
3. Required supporting documents.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply procurement policies, guidelines and regulations, Ability to plan, lead, review or audit complex procurement functions, and the Ability to communicate orally and through writing. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on the extent and quality of your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must receive a score of 90 or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.