Job Title:Supervisory Information Technology Specialist GS-2210-13
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Federal Emergency Management Agency
Job Announcement Number:MG-2013-01589-LN-822133COR
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$87,815.00 to $114,158.00 / Per Year|
|Thursday, January 17, 2013 to Thursday, January 31, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Temporary NTE 2 Years|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Denver, CO United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|This position is open to current FEMA employees only|
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
Who May Apply
- Current FEMA employees only.
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
- This position is ideal for a person with supervisory experience who can plan and schedule ongoing production-oriented work on a quarterly and annual basis, or direct assignments of similar duration. Adjust staffing levels or work procedures within the Communication Unit to accommodate resource allocation decision made by the IT Branch Chief.
This position is being announced under FEMA's CORE Program (Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery employees). These positions are authorized under P.L. 93-288 to perform temporary disaster work and are funded from the Disaster Relief Fund. Appointments are excepted service, temporary appointments. This is a 2 year temporary appointment in the Excepted Service.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: This position is subject to 24 hour on-call in the event of an emergency and may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites that require functioning under intense physical and mental stress.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
- You must be a current FEMA employee to apply for this position.
- You must be able to obtain a (Public Trust, High Risk) security clearance.
- You may be required to undergo periodic drug testing.
- Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Males born after 12/31/59 - Selective Service Registration required.