Minimum Requirements: Experience, education or training which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting basic concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements.
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) listed below will be used in the selection process. KSAs are important to the entire selection process and should be addressed specifically and completely within the resume'.
1. Knowledge of, and skill in applying, fundamental military human resources management principles, practices, and techniques of recruitment and retention. Possesses the ability to evaluate the effectiveness of the AMEDD recruiting and retention program to identify trends and suggest corrective measures to increase AMEDD strength; and the ability to pinpoint program deficiencies and recommend possible solutions to AMEDD strength manager.
2. Knowledge of NGB military human resources recruitment principles and personnel policies to participate in the development of written guidelines such as local regulations and SOPs pertaining to AMEDD, Chaplain and SJA recruiting and retention programs.
3. Knowledge and skill in applying basic military principles, practices and procedures and regulations in administering specialized military recruitment and retention programs for healthcare, ministry, and legal candidates. An in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the various programs is required to answer questions with factual and up-to-date information to promote the programs.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with applicants, supervisors, management, and state healthcare, ministry, and legal professionals.
5. Comprehensive working knowledge of the credentialing/privileging processes and procedures.
6. Knowledge of the military missions and organizational structures of the various units within the state.
7. Knowledge of computers and computer software applications sufficient to update and retrieve information in personnel database programs as well as to generate forms or correspondence.
Quality of Experience: Level of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the Miscellaneous Administration and Program Positions.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: A maximum of 12 months of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of undergraduate study in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours. The education must have been in fields directly related to the type of work of the position.
Military Assignment: Occupants of this position must maintain continuous military membership in the North Carolina Army National Guard (NCARNG). Assignment to a compatible Officer (O3 & below) position in the NCARNG is mandatory. (BRANCH: 42B, 42H)
Security Clearance: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position (ANACI minimum).
Direct Deposit: The applicant selected for this position will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Program.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To validate your qualifications for this job, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, your rating will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.