Job Title:Information Technology Specialist (Information Security)
Department:Department Of Justice
Agency:Offices, Boards and Divisions
Job Announcement Number:PH-DA-13-820163
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, February 05, 2013 to
Tuesday, February 12, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|3 vacancies in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
This position is located in the Justice Management Division, Office of Chief Information Officer, Immediate Office, within the Department of Justice (DOJ).
This vacancy will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants does not apply to positions filled under this announcement.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens and Nationals
One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy.
Filling this position is subject to funding availability.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply section).
- You may be subjected to undergo a urinalysis for a drug test.
- Moving and Relocation Expenses are not authorized.
- You must undergo a pre-employment security investigation.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to qualify for the GS-15 Information Technology Specialist (Information Security), you must meet the basic and specialized experience requirements described below.
Basic Requirement: Possess Information Technology (IT) related experience that demonstrates possession of each of the four competencies: attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving. Experience includes:
- Ensuring the confidentiality, availability and integrity of IT systems through full compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act and IT security policies and standards;
- Determining the appropriate products or services with stakeholder clients to define a project scope, requirements and deliverables;
- Providing high level technical advice and counsel to top management and other key officials on matters relating to new or modified basic policies and programs that affect or relate to current and existing IT functions and programs;
- Making recommendations for resolving IT problems and requirements for an agency or organization.
Specialized Experience Requirement: Possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 or higher grade level in the Federal service, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to do the work of the position and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. Experience involves:
- Developing and interpreting policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of Information Technology (IT) services throughout an agency or organization;
- Providing technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to high level management officials and technical staff on critical IT issues;
- Applying knowledge of IT project management principles, methods, and practices to develop plans and schedules, estimate resource requirements, define milestones and deliverables, monitor activities, and evaluate and report on accomplishments;
- Implementing agency/organization wide security programs designed to anticipate, assess, and minimize system vulnerabilities;
- Developing solutions to integration/interoperability IT issues for an agency or organization.
Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. All applicants' qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- INFORMATION SYSTEMS/NETWORK SECURITY
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- DECISION MAKING
- ORAL COMMUNICATION
- WRITTEN COMMUNICATION