Candidates must have one full year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-14 level. Specialized Experience is defined as experience in directing, managing, and coordinating teams and projects dealing with highly complex accounting, ratemaking, trading, energy market, and other technical issues impacting the industries the Commission regulates.
Your resume must clearly document how you meet the specialized experience in order to meet the minimum qualification requirements for this vacancy. Transcripts must be submitted at time of application. All rquired documents must be received by the closing date of this announcement. If you do not submit a required document (e.g. transcripts, etc.) your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: If selected for this position, you will be required to: - Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment. - Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer. - Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume, responses to the questionnaire and required documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your resume must address the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the Qualifications Section. If you meet basic qualification requirements, your application will be further evaluated based on your answers to the on-line assessment. Your responses to the on-line assessment will be used to measure the degree to which your background matches the requirements for the position. You are being evaluated under the category rating method which means, if you are determined to be qualified, you will be placed into the 'Best Qualified', 'Well Qualified', or 'Qualified' Category. We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than what is supported by your application materials, your responses may be excluded from consideration for this job. We will evaluate your qualifications and eligibility and notify you if you meet minimum qualification requirements. NOTE: We do not require a separate statement responding to the competencies, also referred to as Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs). However, your resume should clearly show possession of these competencies. The Occupational Questions are used to evaluate your relevant educational and work experience. The questions are related to competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities such as:
1. Knowledge of Federal Power Act, Natural Gas Act, Natural Gas Policy Act, and the Interstate Commerce Act, Commission rules, regulations, policies, precedents, and decisions governing the regulation of public utilities, natural gas companies, and/or oil pipeline companies and skill in applying this knowledge to audits and/or projects.
2. Knowledge of the operations, market structure, energy market trading practices, and economics of the electric utility, natural gas pipeline, and oil pipeline industries.
3. Ability to supervise a staff of professional auditors and technical staff and independently plan, coordinate, manage, and report on all aspects of audits and/or projects.
4. Ability to prepare and present highly complex audit findings and recommendations both orally and in writing in a clear, concise, and logical manner.
5. Knowledge of accounting principles, auditing standards, energy markets trading practices,and econometrics, statistical analysis, or other numerical or quantitative methods of analysis. To preview questions please click here.