All qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement, Wednesday, February 13, 2013. Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors.
QUALIFICATIONS: To be eligible for this position, you must possess the qualifying specialized experience as described in the occupational/assessment questionnaire and as outlined below:
Demonstrate 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform successfully the duties of the position to be filled. Examples of qualifying experience include, but are not limited to, the following: management, assistant or program specialist work involving development and implementation of complex, controversial, and/or sensitive policy related to protection and conservation of park areas or similar operations; direct programs and work through direct and indirect supervision of a large staff.
Time-in-Grade Requirements: Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. This requires applicants who have held a GS position at any time within the past 52 weeks to have served at least 52 weeks at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for this occupation.
1. You may be required to serve a managerial/supervisory probationary period of 1 year.
2. National Park Service (NPS) uniformed position. Employee will be required to wear a uniform and comply with NPS uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided to defray the cost of the uniform.
3. You may be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties. Prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year thereafter (or more frequently if management determines such need exists), you will be required to sign an affidavit certifying to your possession of a valid State issued drivers license that is current and has not been revoked, suspended, canceled, or otherwise disqualified in any way to prohibit your operation of a motor vehicle. You will also submit a photocopy of your valid State issued drivers license prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year or more frequently if management determines such need exists. Lastly, you may be required to submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that disclose all valid drivers licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you. Please indicate in your application whether you possess a valid State drivers license.
4. The selectee is required to file a Confidential Financial Disclosure Statement (OGE-450) upon reporting and annually. National Park Service employees are subject to prohibitions against owning financial interests which conflict or appear to conflict with efficient and impartial performance of duty.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your rating will be based on your responses to the Assessment Questionnaire and the information stated in your resume. The assessment questions relate to the following competencies that are required to perform the work of this position.
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of resource management.
· Internal management and accountability.
· Ability to establish and foster effective partnerships in resource protection and management.
· Ability to establish and maintain government relations with Indian tribes and communities.
· Ability to effectively lead people.
Your application will be reviewed to ensure you meet the basic qualifications. If you meet the qualification requirements based on your online application and are found to be among the top candidates you will be referred to the selecting official for further review. All answers provided in the online process must be substantiated in your application package. If it is determined that your work history, competencies, and/or your supporting documents do not support your answer choices, you will not be referred to the selecting official. Please ensure that your work history provides enough detail to support your answers to the competencies.
You must include months, years and hours per week worked to receive credit for your work experience. One year of specialized experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hours per week. Part-time hours are prorated. You will not receive any credit for experience that does not indicate exact hours per week or is listed as "varies".