In order to be qualified for this position at the GS-09 level, you must possess one of the following:
A. At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal service, that included assisting in the review of data to evaluate the impact of new or revised policies or regulations on existing programs; drafting briefing or issue papers analyzing Federal or State policies or regulations; and maintaining positive working relationships with key stakeholder groups to accomplish organizational objectives -OR-
B. A master's or equivalent graduate degree or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related; or a combination of the required experience and education for this grade level. -OR-
C. A combination of specialized experience as described in A and graduate education as described in B that, when combined, equals 100% of the total requirement.
In order to be qualified for this position at the GS-11 level, you must possess one of the following:
A. At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal service, that included applying established qualitative and quantitative techniques to analyze the effectiveness or efficiency of programs or policies; evaluating the impact of new or revised policies or regulations on existing programs; and drafting a variety of policy, regulatory, or legislative documents which summarize changes to policies or programs.; -OR-
B. A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related; or a combination of the required experience and education for this grade level. -OR-
C. A combination of specialized experience as described in A and graduate education as described in B that, when combined, equals 100% of the total requirement. (Please note that only graduate education in excess of the first two years may be used this calculation.)
If you are claiming education as any part of your qualifications for this position, you must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
· Optional Form 306 Declaration of Federal Employment available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of306.pdf. This form is not required to be submitted at the time of submitting your application. However, if selected, this form will be required prior to final job offer.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met within 30 days after the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
9. Drug Screening Required: Yes or No
10. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
11. Students loan repayment incentive authorized: No
12. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the best-qualified applications will be conducted. The résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against the applicant's responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if the applicant is qualified for this job. If, after reviewing the applicant's résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that the applicant has inflated his/her qualifications and/or experience, the applicant may lose consideration for this position and/or the applicant's score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect his/her skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
For Competitive Applicants/All U.S. Citizens: Eligible candidates will be assigned to a quality category: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified. Candidates in the highest category will be referred to the hiring agency. Please note that applicants with veterans preference in the highest category have selection rights over applicants without veterans preference. Applicants with veterans preference may be referred on a veterans-only certificate to the selecting official ahead of non-veterans for consideration and selection.
Application of Veterans' Preference: The Category Rating process does not add veterans' preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-09 level or higher.)
Your qualifications will be evaluated against the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics):
· Technical Knowledge - Medicare
· Planning and Evaluating
· Written Communication
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Occupational Questionnaire