Job Title:Food Service Worker
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:Army Installation Management Command
Job Announcement Number:WENAFBW1382100902
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Tuesday, January 8, 2013 to
Friday, January 25, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Many vacancies in the following location:|
White Sands Missile Range, NM United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens and Non Citizens |
U.S. Army Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (F&MWR) is committed to providing the WSMR community with quality of life programs to meet family, leisure and recreational needs.
White Sands Missile Range is known as the birthplace of Americas Missile and Space Activity and is located in the Tularosa Basin of south-central New Mexico at the base of the beautiful Organ Mountains. The Tularosa Basin is known for hot summers and mild winters. We have a wide variety of sporting activities; camping, fishing, boating, hiking, skiing, and hunting. Local wildlife includes oryx, deer, cougar, coyote, rattlesnake, tarantula, scorpion, elk, turkey, bear, and wild boar in the mountain areas.
This position will be located at any of our Food Service Facilities: Frontier Club, Italian Café, and/or Roadrunner Bowling Lanes. Duties will include accepting payments, preparing and serving customer meals, cleaning meal and service areas and assisting customers with any additional needs.
- Direct Deposit is required.
- Social Security card is required.
- If claiming a Preference (Military Spouse Preference,
- Involuntarily Separated Military, Current/Former NAF Employee,
- or Outside Applicant Veteran), proof must be attached.
DUTIES:Back to top
Performs a variety of routine manual tasks in a kitchen or dining area following established procedures. Sets up glasses, silverware, dishes, trays, napkins, condiments, and cold menu items such as salads, desserts, bread, and cold beverages on a serving line or tables. Removes dishes and trays from tables after meals. Washes tables and counters. Prepares food by sorting, washing, peeling, and cutting fresh fruit and vegetables. Operates, break downs, and cleans all equipment assigned to the area for food preparation. Clean kitchen equipment such as worktables, sinks and refrigerators. Separates food waste and trash from dishes, glasses, and silverware. Loads and operate dishwashers. Stores cleaned dishes, glasses and silverware. Vacuums and shampoos carpets; sweeps and mops kitchen floors. Cleans windows and washes walls. Cleans and sanitizes trash cans; disposes of trash.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Possess working knowledge of sanitation standards.
Ability to read and understand written material and instructions.
Possess knowledge of basic arithmetic (such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and decimals, such as counting the number of tables) in order to determine the number of portions or meals required, or, how many services a particular container will provide.
Physical ability to lift and move items up to 40 pounds.
Ability on a continuous basis to stand and walk, frequent stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, and bending.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained.
4. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. You will be required to show Social Security card upon appointment to a NAF position.
6. Incumbent may be required to work overtime, shift work, and/or work on rotating shifts to provide coverage on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
7. Conversion of employment category, from Flexible to regular part/full time, may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
8. Successful completion of prescribed training is required.
9. Must demonstrate the ability to speak, read, write, and understand English sufficiently to execute job requirements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.