Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
8208451. Title of Job
HC-130 Navigator (Instructor)2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information5. Employment Availability6. Citizenship
Are you a citizen of the United States?7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest Grade
1211. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.16. Availability Date17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational Specialties
001 Navigator (Instructor)21. Geographic Availability
350030001 Albuquerque, NM22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. NATIONWIDE. Are you a member of the New Mexico Air National Guard or are you eligible and willing to become a member of the New Mexico Air National Guard?
Respond to all the questions below. For each question, choose the response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Mark only one response for each question. You must select the best response for each question, do not leave any unanswered questions. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume or application and information your references provide.
Do you possess experience, education or training which has provided a working knowledge of the navigation systems and navigational instruments of the assigned airframe?
3. Do you possess thirty six months experience, education or training that has required you to obtain information on type of mission, weather and intelligence data and special instructions; experience preparing navigation flight plans; experience that provided a knowledge of proper readings and operations of navigational systems; experience that shows your ability to test and inspect the operation of compasses, navigation systems or radio and radar equipment; experience utilizing various navigational methods and aids to accomplish flying missions; experience computing the effect of various factors during flight to establish present course and project balance of course and ability to train, evaluate and certify proficiency and competency of lower graded personnel AND you must have completed the necessary hours required for your current airframe. (ex. 1000 hours total navigation time which includes 200 hours time in the C-130), plus certification as a qualified Navigator Instructor?
Are you a certified/qualified HC-130 Navigator Instructor?
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item. NOTE: PLEASE QUALIFY YOUR RATINGS ON A SEPARATE SHEET OF PAPER. THIS WILL BE REVIEWED AS YOUR QUALIFICATIONS PAGE AND IS MANDATORY. These questions are also listed as part of the qualifications portion of this advertisement and may be used as guide as you respond to each statement.
A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing this task, but have not yet performed in on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or I am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
5. Knowledge and ability to train and certify proficiency of unit assigned navigators in heavy, multi-engine aircraft in the following areas; selecting the most advantageous route, plotting the route of flight and preparing navigational charts and flight plans, taking into account distance, method of navigation, altitudes, weather and terrain.
6. Knowledge to monitor adherence to air traffic clearances and standard procedures during flight, establish standards of training for all unit assigned navigators and providing staff guidance concerning all aspects of air navigation.
7. Knowledge and ability to perform supervisory flying duties during scheduled flying activities and function as the final command authority for all unit flying operations and function as on-scene commander for aircraft emergencies.
8. Knowledge to exercise command responsibilities and act as mission/deployed forces commander on operational mission/exercises and as mission commander be singularly responsible for planning, coordinating and directing all phases of deployment, employment and redeployment operations.