Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
8207621. Title of Job
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (CLASSIFICATION)2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information5. Employment Availability6. Citizenship
Are you a citizen of the United States?7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest Grade
1111. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.16. Availability Date17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational Specialties
002 Human Resources Specialist 21. Geographic Availability
178220167 Springfield, IL22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
Are you currently a member of the Illinois National Guard?
2. If you are a member of the Illinois National Guard, are you currently a technician? Select the description below which best describes your status.
A. I am currently a Permanent Federal Technician with the Illinois National Guard.
B. I am currently an Indefinite Federal Technician with the Illinois National Guard.
C. I am currently a Temporary Federal Technician with the Illinois National Guard.
D. I am a current traditional Military (M-Day) member of the Illinois National Guard.
E. Not a current member.
3. If you are not a member of the Illinois National Guard, are you willing to become a member? If yes, contact the Recruiting Command at 1-800-GO GUARD, or www.1800goguard.com to see if you are eligible for enlistment.
C. Not applicable, I am a current member.
4. Do you possess experience, education or training which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems?
Do you possess 36 months: experience, education, or training involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting advanced concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements. Experience assisting in the development of Human Resources policies and procedures. Experience advising management on Human Resources principles and practices?
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing the task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
6. Knowledge of, and skill in applying a wide range of HR concepts, practices, laws, regulations, policies and precedents sufficient to provide state level comprehensive employee benefits HR management advisory and technical services on substantive organizational (ANG and ARNG) functions and work practices in assigned programs.
7. Ability to interact with all levels of management and labor unions as a strategic business partner in the delivery of benefits and entitlements requiring a broad approach and intensity of analysis.
8. Ability to deal effectively with key management officials on highly controversial employee issues and decisions. Requires an understanding of the relationship between management needs and National Guard goals and objectives.
9. Skill in applying a broad approach and intensity to resolve complex problems and issues when guidelines are not directly applicable.
10. Knowledge of the rules and procedures that apply to National Guard full-time employees, i.e., dual status (DS)/non-dual status (NDS), Active Guard Reserves (AGR), Active Duty Special Work (ADSW), etc.
Ability to develop and present employee programs and policies to management and employees, and assist them in gaining acceptance and understanding of findings and recommendations.