To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package, which includes the following parts:
- Assessment Questionnaire
- Required Documents (Specified in the Required Documents section of this job announcement. An applicant may not be considered if proper documentation is not received.)
Option A: Online application process (USAJOBS to Application Manager) the preferred method to receive automatic updates on your application status.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button on this page to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application you may use the following link: https://applicationmanager.gov/
Your Application Package status must be complete by, Tuesday, January 29, 2013, by Midnight Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date of this announcement.
Option B: Fax
If it is not possible for you to use the USAJOBS Account to Application Manager Account online application process (you have a disability or do not have access to the internet), you can apply for this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead. Please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Follow these steps:
- Print a copy of this job announcement so that you can read the questions offline. View Occupational QuestionnaireYou can obtain the OPM1203fx form at this URL http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf .
- You may submit the OPM Form 1203-FX (hard copy questionnaire), résumé, and/or any supporting documents by fax.
- If you are faxing a Form 1203-FX, do not use a separate cover sheet. Simply make sure the Form 1203-FX is on top of any other documents you are faxing.
- If you are faxing any documents without the Form 1203-FX on top, always use the official cover sheet which is here -- http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf -- and be sure to fill it out completely and clearly. The fax number is 1-478-757-3144. Feed all documents into your fax machine top first so that we receive them right-side up.
Faxed documents will take 2-3 business days to process. Faxed documents submitted with missing information will not be processed. The following will prevent your documents from being processed:
- Not using the special cover page mentioned above.
- Missing, incomplete, or invalid Vacancy Identification Number 810286
- Missing or incomplete Social Security Number or name
Note: If you have documents in your Application Manager account from a previous vacancy announcement they can be opened, copied and saved then reused as an upload file for this vacancy. Uploading your documents will speed the processing of your application for this announcement.
PLEASE NOTE: In Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire, you may notice that the numbering restarts with number one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX form please continue to enter your responses on the next available number within this section. The numbers on the 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire once it restarts with number one.
Submission of a resume' or a 1203FX form alone IS NOT a complete application. This position requires the completion of additional forms and/or supplemental materials as described under Required Documents section. Please carefully review the complete job announcement and the "How to Apply" instructions. Failure to provide the required information and/or materials will result in your application not being considered for employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Office, Doris Edwards, (505)248-4508, DORIS.EDWARDS@IHS.GOV. "The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis."
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CURRENT PHS COMMISSIONED CORPS CANDIDATES
Selection for this position will be in accordance with the Indian Preference policies of the Indian Health Service. Applications from Commissioned Corps Officers, who wish to receive Indian preference, will be evaluated by the Albuquerque Area Indian Health Service Human Resources Office using the same criteria as that stated in this announcement. For additional information please contact Laura Goddard at (405) 951-3742.
PHS Commissioned Corps APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
1. Curriculum Vitae: which states Announcement Number, Title and Grade of the job for which you are applying; Full Name, Mailing Address, Day and Evening Phone Numbers; Social Security Number; Work Experience (paid and nonpaid) listing Positions held, Duties and Accomplishments, Employer's Name and Address, Supervisor's Name and Phone Number, Starting and Ending Dates (month and year), Hours Per Week and Salary; and Job related Training Courses, Skills, Honors, Awards, Special Accomplishments.
2. Verification of Indian Preference: If claiming preference, applicants must provide a completed copy of the current Form BIA-4432 (expiration date 11/30/2014), "Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the BIA and IHS Only."