One year of specialized experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. This experience must be equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal government.
Examples of such experience include: analyzing program data and explanatory detail to identify trends, technical problems and institutional barriers to improve accountability systems for adult education programs; providing technical assistance and guidance to federal, state, or local agencies in the implementation of federal, state, or local performance-based accountability systems for adult education; researching and developing new and revised regulations, program guidelines, and strategies for achieving program objectives; working with web-enabled education data systems and other relevant information sources to provide technical assistance, training and informational support to staff; initiating, planning and providing leadership for national, state, and local meetings, seminars, and conferences for the purpose of providing training to professional specialists on major program activities.
For full qualifications go to: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/index.asp
APPLICANTS MUST MEET QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT. Applicants are expected to possess the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) listed below to qualify for this position. These KSAs are addressed in the self-assessment questionnaire that you will complete for this announcement. You do not need to respond separately to the KSAs listed below. Your answers to the on-line experience questions will serve as responses to the KSAs.
Your application will be evaluated based on your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities/competencies (KSAs):
1. Knowledge of the application of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency/effectiveness of program operations or substantive administrative support functions and organization structures.
2. Knowledge of pertinent laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the program and related resources in the area being studied.
3. Knowledge of the major issues, program goals, and objectives, work processes, and administrative operations of the organization.
4. Skill in adapting analytical techniques and evaluation criteria to measure/improve program effectiveness/organizational productivity.
5. Skill to plan, schedule, and conduct projects and studies to evaluate and recommend ways to improve work operations in a program or support setting.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
WARNING! High self-assessment in the vacancy questions that is not supported by information in your resume, and/or supporting documents may eliminate you from best-qualified status or result in a lowered score. Your responses to the vacancy questions must be substantiated by your on-line resume. Be sure that the experience/education as described on your resume contains accurate and sufficient information that clearly supports your responses to all of the questions by addressing experience and education relevant to this position. If you exaggerate or falsify your experience, education and/or your responses to questions, your ratings can/will be changed, or you may be removed from employment consideration. You should make a fair and accurate assessment of your qualifications. Applicants who do not respond to the application questions will be rated ineligible. Eligible candidates will be placed for selection consideration into three (3) categories as described below:
1 - Qualified Category
2 - Well Qualified Category
3 - Best Qualified Category To preview questions please click here.