Applicants must meet BOTH the four IT competencies AND the specialized experience described below.
IT Competencies if Qualifying Based on Experience For All Grades:
1. Attention to Detail Is thorough when evaluating systems, hardware, and software for efficiency.
2. Customer Service Providing technical assistance to staff and identifying solutions.
3. Oral Communication - Effectively communicates with internal staff and external organizations to report on project status and explaining system requirements.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies and researches system design problems; uses judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations to solve problems.
GS-13: Meet the four IT competencies and have one full year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service) that included: managing IT projects; performing technical assessments of IT systems and providing methods to modernize and/or develop new systems; and developing and advising on application systems design and systems requirement specifications.
Education is not applicable for this position.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
11. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
12. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
For Competitive Applicants/All U.S. Citizens: Eligible candidates will be assigned to a quality category: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified. Candidates in the highest category will be referred to the hiring agency.
Application of Veterans' Preference: The Category Rating process does not add veterans' preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-09 level or higher.)
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure the following competencies that are required for this position:
Technical Competence Development of technical enterprise architectures
Information Technology Systems Standards Development
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions