Basic Qualifications for AD-0602: Physicians must have a Doctorate of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accredited body in the year of the applicants graduation and a current medical license to practice medicine and surgery in a State or Territory of the U.S. or in the District of Columbia. In addition, applicants must possess a Ph.D. or other earned doctorate in a field related to the position to be filled.
Candidates must show clear evidence of specialized experience. Specialized experience is that which is directly related to the position and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position, such as experience leading, planning, managing, directing, evaluating, and/or implementing national public health programs and policies related to HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB or other related public health programs. Typically, experience of this nature is gained at or above the GS-15 grade level in the Federal service, or its equivalent with state or local government, the private sector, or nongovernmental organizations.
In order to satisfy all of the specified requirements, you must submit narrative responses, separate from your resume, addressing the Technical Qualifications outlined below.
In addition to specialized experience, applicants must possess the following technical qualifications that represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position:
1. Experience that indicates the ability to deal effectively with high-level government officials, national or international organizations, and non-governmental groups, media, and the public at large.
2. Leadership experience in directing and managing a public health research organization, including establishing strategic plans and policies, developing and presenting budgets, evaluating program accomplishments, and building and maintaining a diverse staff.
3. Strong leadership experience in creating a vision and setting direction for large organizations, such as scientific, public health, academic or non-governmental organizations. Inherent is the ability to lead organizational change, leverage divergent positions or organizations in a manner which contributes to organizational effectiveness, and/or align or realign organizational resources for improved impact.
4. High degree of public health prominence and expertise, and a distinguished record of accomplishments in the field of medical evaluation, public health research, public health science, and management of substantive programs, missions, and functions, such that the individual can readily command the respect of the national and international communities.
5. Experience in developing and implementing national or international policies and research related to the field of scientific public health surveillance and epidemiology.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention inspires public confidence in its trust responsibilities and mission by maintaining high ethical principles. This position is subject to the confidential financial disclosure requirements of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (P.L. 95-521). Therefore, if selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE-Form 450) to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interests and your prospective position with the agency. This information will be required annually.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
How You Will Be Evaluated:
Applicants must meet the qualification requirements as outlined above to be eligible for further consideration. You must provide detailed evidence of the experience, knowledge, skill, ability, and other personal characteristic requirements and show how and when they were used. This evidence must include clear, concise examples that show level of accomplishment and degree of responsibility. Qualification determinations will be based on the information provided in your application and the requirements of the position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement will be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid.
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: Yes
10. Recruitment Incentive may be authorized: Yes